Your Mission at BMG.
We are looking for a Recorded Metadata Manager to join our Supply Chain team and be responsible for the creation and management of metadata for BMG’s UK frontline releases.
Our Supply Chain team ensures that BMG recordings reach music fans worldwide both digitally and physically. They are responsible for metadata and asset management for approximately 600,000 recordings and work closely with our manufacturing and distribution partners. Without them, our recorded music releases would never be heard.
- Working alongside the Frontline creative teams to create and manage new release metadata in BMG’s metadata system
- Ensuring all metadata is compliant to the required standards
- Ensuring collection of all relevant PPI data for registration with collection societies
- Registration of physical product with MCPS
- Resolving data conflicts and inquiries from internal and external partners
- Dealing with ad-hoc metadata requests from Synch and Licensing teams
- Understanding of music metadata standards, including the iTunes Style Guide
- Previous experience of working as part of a supply chain team in the music industry
- Ability to balance the pressure to deliver a release with the need to ensure all contracts and correct data are in place before delivery
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Enjoys challenging current practices, troubleshooting and finding solutions
- Be a team player with a positive can-do attitude; happy to request guidance as and when necessary to ensure operational excellence
- Able to build, maintain and develop relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
NOW, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment