The Amazon Music Creative Studio team is seeking a talented, passionate, expert Creative Director to help us up-level and redefine our design approach to Artist partnerships.
This Creative Director will drive large programs and initiatives for the Amazon Music Creative Studio – across brand awareness, acquisition, product marketing, and content marketing, programming, and artist relationship efforts.
This Creative Director will create concepts for approaching key strategic goals – and build out style guides for other designers (both in-house and across agencies) to work from and build upon.
The role will be US-based, but focused on achieving a global approach to work that could be localized and viewed in more than 35 countries.
This role will be a definer of how the Amazon Music brand and experience best drives its key messages, ideas, and relationship with customers across different geographies, musical cultures and tastes, and needs.
The Creative Director should have deep knowledge and practical experience working with strategic input briefs as well as making creative briefs, multiple conceptual directions, and style guides at a top consumer-facing brand like Amazon Music. As well, the Creative Director should be comfortable dealing with many stakeholders – across executive through to entry-level ranks and with many different types of creative agencies – to get campaigns to their highest quality, most brand defining, best performing, and most efficient place. Because the work is so varied and often fast-paced and high pressure, the person in this role should possess excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
THE FOLLOWING ARE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CREATIVE DIRECTOR:
- Working on large strategic campaigns for Amazon Music – from creative brief to style guide to launch and evaluation.
- Creating a clear, differentiated, high-standards and scalable vision for how Amazon Music builds its brand, customer base, customer insight, and effectiveness through each creative project its takes on.
- Delivery – completing creative briefs, multiple conceptual directions, campaign assets, and retrospectives on project work.
- Presenting to and collaborating with Stakeholders (Business Development Managers, Marketers, Artist Relations and Label Relations Managers, Programmers, Product Designers and Managers, Social Newsroom Members, and the like,) to understand their work and what materials might be best to leverage for project and Amazon Music brand, business, and customer goals.
- Working with Music partner teams – such as Echo/Alexa Marketing, Prime Marketing, Prime Video and Amazon Studios, Audible Marketing, ADX/AMG, and the like – to understand their inputs and working to incorporate their needs into the final product of all work.
- Campaign Excellence – making decisions and driving adoption of mechanisms that elevate how we approach campaigns and raise the broader team’s awareness of what’s required to make great use of campaign opportunities.
- Mentorship, agency, and freelance development – the role will have no direct management responsibilities initially, though the Senior Art Director will have responsibilities to guide the creative standards and practice of others involved in project work, especially across the global offices and agency partners.
- Advocacy and Outreach – work with campaign and Senior Art Director experts across Amazon and beyond the company –XCM, ADX, Alexa Marketing, Prime Studios, Prime Video, Audible, Fashion, Home, and beyond, as well as ad agency leaders, and many others — to share best practices and encourage the breakthrough approaches to campaigns across Amazon.
- 8+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for Music and deep interest and expertise in designing for Musicians, Artists, and within the music business
- Passion for innovation and entrepreneurship
- Passion for design, creative direction, marketing, programming, and advertising
- Curiosity and interest in voice (Echo, Alexa,) and AI
- Experience with scaling campaign design approaches in a globally distributed organization
- Experience managing marketing and editorial design projects
- Experience in designing for consumer-focused media and entertainment brands
- Experience working in audio, video, print, OOH, and digital design
- (Masters) Degree in Fine or Studio Arts, Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising, or similar field