The Member Services & Operations Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of internal and member facing administrative and communications tasks supporting the global Member support team.
The position, based in New York City, will report directly to Merlin’s London based Director of Global Member Services and Head of Global Member Operations.
Merlin, the digital licensing hub for the world’s independent music sector, commands over 15% of the global recorded music market. Merlin offers digital music services and emerging technology companies the means to efficiently license the world’s most commercially successful independent music. This enables Merlin’s members to more effectively capitalize on revenue from these services, while ensuring their repertoire is appropriately valued.
Merlin’s membership includes tens of thousands of independent record labels, distributors and artist management companies from virtually every country in the world. A sample of members includes Altafonte Distribution, Armada Music, AWAL, Beggars Group, Better Noise Music, Cinq Music Group, Curb Records, DangerCrue, Dim Mak, Domino, Entertainment One, Epitaph Records, FaroLatino, Foundation Media, Freeme Digital, IDJDigital, Innercat Music, !K7, Mad Decent, mtheory, Mom + Pop, Mushroom Music, Ninja Tune, [PIAS], Pony Canyon, Redeye Distribution, Secretly Group, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop and Warp Records.
Merlin has licensed over 25 key digital services, including Alibaba, Boomplay, Deezer, Facebook/Instagram, JioSaavn, NetEase, Pandora, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tencent, TikTok, and YouTube Music/Google Play Music, as well as active conversations with dozens more.
Merlin has offices in New York, London and Tokyo.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Distribute Member related communications;
- Manage Member administrative duties including record keeping and light data entry;
- Processing membership applications and communications with applicants through our on-boarding process;
- Coordinate and assist in creation and distribution of DSP best practice / summary guides;
- Manage records of member participation in Merlin opportunities;
- Message and coordinate member participation in Merlin presentations and workshops with partner DSPs;
- Assist Department Heads in creation and on-going maintenance of all opportunity distributions;
- Assist Merlin staff and members in on-going education and certifications relating to partner DSPs;
- Provide general support for members’ questions and issues;
- Liaise with the project coordinator on IT issues and development.
- Provide operational support materials to new members each month including, but not limited to, operational summaries, best practice guides and marketing opportunities;
- Gather and maintain member data relative to maximizing opportunities for members with DSP partners in relation to new releases/catalogues;
- Provide support to members implementing operational aspects of Merlin commercial deals;
- Work alongside Merlin Member Services & Operations teams to maintain Participating Member lists as they relate to the operational aspects of Merlin deals;
- Training and certification on rights management and other DSP tools to assist in practical member support;
- Coordinate scheduling and admin of member workshops and presentations;
- Manage inbound Merlin Member Services & Operations email accounts;
- Assist with set-up and maintenance of Merlin-DSP pitching and participation forms;
- Assist Merlin team on admin tasks relating to maximizing participation across the membership;
- Manage error tickets and other notices of operational requirements from DSPs;
- Coordinate project management for member facing IT issues and tools developments;
- General team support.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 or more years of experience in a client facing support role;
- Excellent math, verbal and written communication skills (English; multilingual is a plus);
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail and well organized;
- Skilled listener in order to accurately respond to inquiries and requests from within a global reaching organization and team;
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Apple Products (KeyNote), Google Applications Suite (Google sheets, docs etc) and various task management applications;
- Comfortable tracking and prioritizing multiple issues across different platforms;
- Able to work under pressure in a busy office environment;
- Comfortable communicating to staff across all levels via email and, where applicable, via phone and in person;
- Comfortable assisting staff, where required, in meetings (both internal and external).
- Previous experience working with a member-based organization (distributor, collecting society, trade association);
- Knowledge of the digital music industry;
- Knowledge of/interest in independent music, Hip-Hop and/or Latin music genres;
- Experience in digital service provider operations;
- Understanding of music rights and their stakeholders;
- Proficiency with rights management / content recognition tools;
- Understanding of social media marketing methods and tools;
- Understanding of music distribution methods.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter inclusive of your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.