We are looking for an extraordinary, tech-savvy content specialist with a passion for Technology and Music who will write and create content to expand Songtradr’s digital footprint.
If you are highly creative, strategic, results-driven and an excellent writer, we want to talk with you! This role is important to building the brand and the business.
You will collaborate with team members from the marketing, creative, product, and revenue teams, as well as external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant, engaging content to captivate key stakeholders and our audiences.
Songtradr’s mission is to create access to music for everyone, everywhere, around the world — to make music, share music, license music, and listen to music. Our agnostic philosophy and technology invite the entire music industry to participate and collaborate — from artists to music platforms, to licensees and listeners — there are no competitors, only participants.
In this role, you will:
- Understand key business strategies, objectives, and expectations to provide and/or support marketing content efforts and goals
- Generate content for campaign messaging, including ads, emails, landing pages, video scripts, in-product communication, social media, newsletter, company website, and more, with little editorial oversight
- Write content on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Have a strong ability to write compelling and effective advertising copy (traditional and digital channels)
- Interpret briefs to understand project requirements, establish clear and concise brand voice and tone across all brand touch points
- Write content in partnership with marketing and creative teams to meet SEO, web goals, and objectives. Analyze website SEO utilizing analytic tools and resources and find SEO opportunities, provide insights and make recommendations for updates and optimization
- Be able to quickly grasp and analyze email KPIs in order to increase open and conversions rates
- Be able to translate business goals and objectives into actionable, dynamic, high-impact copy that delivers marketing results
- Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, competitive landscape, and cultural tone/voice nuances
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in copywriting and content development, with a great portfolio to back it up
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, English, Journalism, or relevant field. Equivalent experience also accepted
- Solid knowledge of music licensing and rights management or if not already, be able to quickly become fluent
- Experience in digital marketing content and communications in a music business setting
- Experience crafting stories that build brand affinity, drive traffic, and grow revenue
- Have produced copy for above and below the line advertising with experience in branding/identity, conceptual copy, creative concept development
- Demonstrated success in managing a business-driven social media presence. Previous experience building a social community with strong knowledge of social platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram, and a command of each platform’s best practices
- Hands-on experience with content management systems (e.g. WordPress), email marketing software (e.g. MailChimp) and familiarity with analytics and SEO software
- Excellent editing, proofreading and project management skills with attention to detail. Mastery of “all things grammar.”
- Understanding of content marketing considerations, including visual hierarchy, email subject lines, headlines, calls to action, open rates and conversions, as well as the ability to frame content for on-page and off-page optimization
- Strong interpersonal skills and loves to collaborate with team members
- Organized and can efficiently self-manage—able to flex between multiple projects seamlessly while maintaining clear communication with key stakeholders. Works well under pressure; effectively handle tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities
We are a passionate group of musicians, thinkers, builders, coders, business professionals and artist advocates with a simple mission; to create access to music for everyone, everywhere, around the world. Our world-class content management system arms music makers with a comprehensive set of tools and services to professionally manage their careers, while our automated marketplace and talented music supervisors streamline the music discovery and licensing process. For more information, visit songtradr.com.
Songtradr is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
Santa Monica, CA (Required)
Work Authorization: United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance