What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.We reach hundreds of millions of listeners globally every month, many of whom listen on mobile.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Artist Relations with responsibility to develop and maintain relationships with priority SoundCloud artists and grow their use and understanding of the SoundCloud platform. You will provide key insights into artist needs on the platform, with a focus on expanding SoundCloud’s relationships with the music industry. You will also serve as an evangelist for SoundCloud and work across internal teams.
The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with deep music industry knowledge and experience working directly with the Creator community.
- Day-to-day management of designated key artists and manager relationships, at all levels.
- Representing SoundCloud to the artist and management community through meetings, check-ins and updates on a regular basis.
- Responsibility for communicating how the creative community can best use SoundCloud to grow their career, engage with and grow their fanbase, and monetize on the platform.
- Problem solving for members of our artist community.
- Working cross-functionally with Creator, Label Relations, Brand Revenue, Marketing, PR, and other teams within SoundCloud to represent the voice of the creator community.
- Using data and industry knowledge, work to identify artists for further engagement and for inclusion in SoundCloud Premier
- Managing all aspects of relationships with a designated cohort of artists who are part of SoundCloud Premier.
- Working closely with Marketing and Content Strategy teams to identify and develop new opportunities to surface creators in outbound consumer and brand marketing/franchises.
- At minimum five (7) years experience in artist management, label product management, artist relations, and/or artist marketing
- Deep knowledge of current music, digital and industry trends, and are a passionate SoundCloud user
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology and an ability to think creatively about artist needs.
- You’re a confident and personable self-starter.
- Are able to own and lead on projects
- You can easily carry conversations with industry leaders
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal/team skills.
- You are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, across various time zones
- Experience in the Latin Music Industry is a plus
DIVERSITY AT SOUNDCLOUD
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.