Amazon Music seeks an experienced and connected expert in rap music and culture to lead our efforts in UK rap, grime, afrobashment, drill and hip-hop.
As the Lead, UK Rap Industry Relations, you are responsible for defining and executing Amazon Music’s strategy for the genre(s). You will own our content strategy, working with members of our programming, original content and editorial teams to deliver an exciting musical programme that appeals to artists and fans of UK rap alike.
You’ll do this by using your network of contacts in the artist and label community to both secure and implement unique opportunities. As you will also be part of a nimble team with multiple touchpoints into the music industry, you’ll have some responsibility for managing the day-to-day communication flow with relevant record labels.
- Define genre strategy for rap music in the UK.
- Develop exclusive music, video and social media content.
- Work with our progammers to oversee creative direction of playlists and stations.
- Performance analysis of content and campaigns, reviewing and recommending how we refine the strategy accordingly.
- Develop social media strategy and work with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Listener analysis and genre deep dives.
- Own project management and execution.
- Lead a multi-functional team and report and communicate to a wider group of stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills
- Deep music expertise; music and culture expertise in the target genres is a given, but should also have broad musical knowledge.
- Existing, excellent relationships with Tier A Artists, Management & Labels
- Knowledge in Social Media Landscape
- Understanding the wider scene and Amazon’s positioning within it
- Strong understanding of music marketing methodologies
- Demonstrated musical instincts.
- Ability to use data to analyse trends and make decisions.
- High comfort with ambiguity and ability to work in a fluid environment.
Relevant experience in an Editorial, Artist Management, Label or other role in the Music Industry (e.g. Radio, TV, Streaming or related function or industry).