Position: DIRECTOR, DIGITAL MARKETING (NEW RECORDINGS)
Location: LONDON, UK
Category: DIGITAL MARKETING
Closing Date: MAY 21ST 2020
Your Mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for overseeing the UK Digital Marketing team. You will be developing, managing and driving the digital marketing strategy for BMG’s UK businesses and relationships with the Digital Marketing/Social Media platforms and tools in order to maximise sales and streaming revenues for all frontline and international releases.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING.
- Oversee the Digital Marketing team for UK
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all digital platforms and partners in UK (Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Linkfire, FutureFM, etc.)
- Representation in artist, manager and label meetings to discuss digital campaigns
- Build and maintain service driven and collaborative relationships with internal teams (Executive Team, Frontline, Catalogue, International, Digital Sales, Production and A&R)
- Lead and handle digital marketing, social media campaign and advertising initiatives around music releases for BMG’s national and international artist roster in UK
- Be a key member of the global digital marketing team and help to strategise and execute BMG’s global campaigns
- Work closely with project management, artist management, national/international label teams and distribution partners to develop and implement innovative and strategic digital marketing campaigns
- Overview artist channels in order to analyse and strategize social and streaming action points around upcoming campaigns
- Govern and manage BMG UK’s in-house advertising and paid social accounts
- Determine, advising and implement on best practice and identifying opportunities
- Find, engage and maintain relevant target audiences via digital platforms
- Ensure audience development, email, social CRM and other Direct to Fan (D2F) initiatives are at the heart of all artist campaigns year round
- Actively research new platforms, services and suppliers on a regular basis
- Be constantly on the cutting edge of social and online marketing developments, identifying new methods and trends in order to drive engagement, growth and traffic to hit key metrics
- Display strong organisational and communication skills, as well as the ability to both lead and work as part of a wider and international team
- 3 – 5 years solid experience of working in digital marketing, social media and channel management in the music/entertainment sector
- Two years of team management experience
- Complete understanding of Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads Manager, as well as experience advertising with Snapchat, TikTok and 3rd party media agencies
- A strong understanding of Google Analytics, YouTube CMS, Search Engine Optimisation best practice, Photoshop or similar graphics software, Premiere or similar video editing software, experience with WordPress and other CMS systems as well as a basic understanding of website logistics including hosting and domains
- Existing relationships with all major platforms (e.g. Facebook, Google, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc.) and various digital and creative agencies
- A clear track record in driving successful digital marketing and social media campaigns for music releases
- A detailed knowledge of all relevant social media parameters
- Eager to utilise the latest marketing tools and strategies for creative and forward thinking campaigns while utilising clear analytics and reporting to make educated decisions throughout a campaign
- Passionate about music and the digital landscape, digital and data savvy
- A commitment to excellence and pursuing a career in Digital Marketing
NOW, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.