Position: MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL MUSIC, APAC REGION
Location: LONDON, NEW YORK
Closing Date: JUNE 5TH 2020
The International Music Team is looking for a Manager to oversee and advise our music partners in Southeast Asia, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.
This position will be based in New York City or London.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as a strategic advisor to music teams in the APAC region; including Editors and Artist and Label Partnerships teams in Southeast Asia, Japan, Australia and New Zealand
- Represent APAC markets in central music team forums
- Operationalize global music strategies and policies across APAC markets
- Support APAC with multi-market and international initiatives, driving global export of local music, artists and playlists
- Maintain regular 1:1s with music team leaders in each market
- Regularly travel to the region and embed in local meetings and events
- Lead monthly regional APAC music team meetings
- Support APAC with new market launches and territorial expansions
- Provide central onboarding and training for new music team hires in APAC
- Advise on the development, testing and go-to-market strategy for new products and features that will impact music teams in APAC
- Nurture cross-territory learning and collaboration
- Drive the expansion of international priority campaigns and programs into APAC
WHO YOU ARE
- You have extensive music industry experience.
- You are experienced at working across different cultures and timezones, and can work with a range of cross-functional teams across a large distributed global music and technology organization.
- You are operationally minded and love building scalable systems and processes.
- You have excellent planning and project management skills to prioritize and manage workload to tight deadlines.
- You have a history of self-motivated performance with the ability and tenacity to execute.
- You have a high level of comfort interfacing with all levels of management and are able to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You live and breathe music every day.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.