We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
e identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
HOW WE LEAD
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a Director of Campaign Planning & Strategy to join our eCommerce group, sitting on a cross-functional team dedicated to supporting Capitol Music Group. This person will create compelling brand experiences on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world, leading eCommerce campaign and creative planning across Capitol’s roster. They will work closely in partnership with creative stakeholders across the label, artist, and eCommerce teams to design campaigns that deliver amazing experiences for both the fans and our artists.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE
- Lead creative strategy and campaign planning to drive artist and Capitol eCommerce goals.
- Work collaboratively with label creative and other creative resources—artist team members, freelance designers, merchandise companies, etc.—to bring artist brand and campaign narratives to life across product, site experience, and marketing creative.
- Develop rich storytelling through multi-faceted, multi-channel campaigns that include content strategy, social, CRM, media buys, influencers and broader campaigns.
- Manage projects with the label and eCommerce creative teams to develop and produce lifestyle and marketing content in support of campaign strategy, product, and site experience.
- Work with the insights and advanced analytics teams to leverage historic and audience data to inform campaign, creative, and merchandising strategy.
- Develop seasonal brand calendars to guide store planning.
- Communicate directly with the label and artist teams (where applicable) alongside cross-functional team members to sell through campaign and creative strategies + plans.
- Act as campaign lead across Capitol product launches and accompanying activations, developing a strategic, well-communicated plan for fan messaging throughout the customer journey.
- Work hand in hand with teammates across artist engagement, marketing & customer engagement, store management, operations & customer service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and Capitol’s artists.
BRING YOUR VIBE
- 5-7+ years experience managing creative and/or eCommerce campaigns from ideation to execution, preferably in music or fashion/retail.
- Deep understanding of music fandom and the fan to artist connection.
- Deep understanding of brand differentiation across artists and music genres, particularly within the Capitol roster.
- Established track record of effectively communicating and selling through strategies and campaign plans.
- Solid understanding of consumer behavior and digital marketing trends across social media, CRM, and media buying.
- Deep understanding of eCommerce, specifically trends and best practices as they apply to the fan to artist relationship.
- Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
- Creative approach to problem-solving.
- Exceptional verbal and written abilities — communication skills are essential (both internally and externally).
- Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
- High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
- Strong attention to detail; must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion with little oversight.
- Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing client needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Strong passion for the music industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS.
- Photoshop and InDesign experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in music business, fashion/retail, marketing, creative, or a related field.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!