Position: MANAGER, MUSIC LICENSING
Employer: TIK TOK
Location: LONDON, UK
Category: MUSIC LICENSING
Closing Date: JUNE 26TH 2020
TikTok is the world’s premier destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
This high speed role requires a wealth of experience that you’ll apply to solving complex challenges across time zones and a tireless entrepreneurial spirit. We are largely unencumbered by red tape, but building process is a critical step towards scale – be prepared to build a structure that empowers ongoing, sustainable rapid growth.
About the Team:
Understanding opportunities for creative partnerships and licensing around music are a critical means by which we drive user engagement with the TikTok brand and our clients on the platform. We are looking for an experienced creative licensing and partnerships professional with existing high level relationships with labels, publishers, and artists to assist in setting the strategy for the growth of our brand and business.
- Work closely with the business development team to build relationships with key partners throughout the music and creative industries, articulating our unique positioning and first in class services.
- Communicate policy, strategy, and evolving offerings to stakeholders within the company, preparing talking points and best practices to aid in telling our story to the broader creative/entertainment community.
- Lead music clearance process for internal and external partners, determine necessary terms for campaigns, research publishing and master ownership, and negotiate fees and terms with all third party rights holders.
- Work cross-functionally with global teams to set strategy around growth, scalability, and positioning within the broader music industry.
- Build process around contracting, payment systems, and job tracking.
- Confirm these requirements with hiring managers (example below):
- 6+ years’ working experience – should include clearing music for advertising and short form programming (online films, documentaries, etc), reviewing and redlining agreements, and tracking finances. Ad agency business affairs or production related experience preferred.
- Excellent communicator with a keen understanding of the role that accurate messaging plays in a start up environment, able to lead meetings, create presentations, and articulate needs to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Self-motivator with a desire to forge new business models and solutions within an evolving platform.
- Strong understanding of the entertainment industry with experience in deal negotiation and execution in a cross-functional environment – digital media specific deals are preferred.
- Experience building processes within a fast-moving global company.
- Strong contacts in the music industry, with major and independent record labels, publishers, and artist management.