Nettwerk is a record label, artist management company, and music publisher headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, and Hamburg.
We’re collaborative and innovative music lovers aiming to create long, sustainable careers for our clients by building deep and personal connections to their fans. We’re looking for inspired, skilled and energetic people to help us deliver on that promise.
We work with over 100 clients across a variety of genres, with the overarching philosophy to only work with artists that create music that we love.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for taking the lead in developing the marketing strategy for assigned artists alongside A&R and Artist Management. This role is responsible for managing the artist brand across all touch points with the goal of building fan engagement and a strong brand presence. The Senior Marketing Manager is also responsible for coaching and mentoring more junior marketing team members.
The role requires a generalist’s knowledge of key areas such as Digital Marketing, Promotions, Publicity and Sales, but relies on subject matter experts for execution within those disciplines. Further, regular engagement with new platforms and taking the initiative to learn about new marketing concepts and tactics, at a high level, are critical to complete the position’s essential tool-box of marketing ideas and approaches.
- Working closely with A&R and Artist Management, define, design and manage key marketing initiatives that further the overall strategic vision of the artist.
- Conduct and communicate in-depth competitive analysis of landscape trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top-line KPIs.
- Lead all aspects of overall artist development across teams (Publicity, Radio, Sales, Internet Marketing, etc.) to ensure project momentum is maximized and marketing plans are fully and successfully executed.
- Using analytics including DSP & social metrics, continually re-evaluate project and campaign momentum, identifying tent poles and long term goals that guide team efforts.
- Responsible for creating marketing campaigns and value-added initiatives that support the release strategy and momentum.
- Communicate KPIs to internal and external stakeholders and adjust designs/plans accordingly
- Manage multiple budgets for each project to ensure the project remains financially feasible;
- Conduct retrospectives on marketing initiatives to measure effectiveness such as artist growth across applicable social and retail platforms and overall current and long term profitability.
- Act as primary communication liaison between artist/manager and label staff for each project.
- Identify roadblocks and challenges with each project and engage appropriate internal staff, in particular assigned A&R representatives, to assist in proactively managing issues.
- Mentor and coach more junior marketing team members.
- Passion for music.
- 5+ years experience in key marketing and/or streaming promotions role at a record label, distributor, management company, or agency in North America.
- Bachelor’s Degree or post secondary diploma considered an asset.
- A successful track record of developing and executing innovative audience-development focused marketing
- Genuine passion for following industry trends and innovating in the field of marketing.
- High level of creativity and ability to think outside the box.
- Proven success at breaking new artists.
- Strong team player.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and communicating relevant results upwards; Experience with Tableau considered an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with many different departments/personalities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.