The Music Licensing team is responsible for delivering the most creative and fully-compliant music options crossing a wide variety of content: from the advertisement of innovative Sky products to production of the next Sky Original, from the Sky Sports Premier League signature music to our magnificent variety of promos and trailers.
We’re eager to welcome someone who’s passionate about music and TV production to our talented and friendly team.
The Music Licensing Executive role is responsible for ensuring that every piece of music used across Sky is licensed and legally compliant for output – and that clearance and rights advice provided to both internal and external production colleagues is delivered with an exemplary level of diligence.
- Ensure all music licensing activity meets channel and company objectives, on most favourable terms and with all necessary rights secured;
- Co-manage the Music Licensing inbox to ensure that general enquiries are distributed evenly and promptly dealt with and filed accordingly;
- Undertake synch licence negotiations (outside of blanket licence terms) with external music rights owners to secure the best rights possible for Sky;
- Ensure the smooth implementation and running of the Sky/Soundmouse licensing system to internal and external production clients, including raising support calls and identifying meaningful development items;
- Be a key account person for a selection of Sky’s commissioned programming answering all music queries for assigned productions – with an added focus on productions that will be distributed overseas by Sky Studios/NBC-U;
- Make it a priority to forge great relationships with Sky Marketing/Sky Creative colleagues to ensure the best musical outcomes are achieved for Sky’s wide range of adverts and promos;
- Manage, diarise and chair (on rotation) regular meetings with a variety of key production colleagues: from Sky’s scripted/non-scripted teams to Sky Sports, from NBC-U distribution to Joint Venture/Sky Europe partners;
- Collaborate expertly with the three other individual Sky Music teams: Creative, SATV and Reporting, to ensure the best inter-team processes and support mechanisms are in place.
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of commercial record labels and music publishers, plus experience of working with blanket licencing agreements;
- Detailed knowledge of music copyright.
- A sound knowledge/understanding of synchronisation licences;
- Superb communication and collaboration skills (oral and written) – must have confidence to approach colleagues at varying different levels within the organisation;
- Previous experience of Soundmouse, SAP Ariba and PRS Repfinder is highly beneficial;
- An extensive network of rights-holder synch team contacts with a desire to further build on the great relationships Sky already has in place with a plethora of music publishers and record companies;
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.