We are proud to announce that we are looking for a passionate and inspirational Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Consultant to join our ever-evolving organization.
This is a newly created role, initially as a 6 months contract, where you will provide strategic and day-to-day operational guidance on all global diversity, equity and inclusion policies, programs, and practices for Kobalt Music.
To accomplish this work, you will develop strategic goals and measures for success; identify additional sources for diverse talent and build networks with key stakeholders at these sources.
We are open to candidates from all over the US, but the role has a global remit as you work closely with stakeholder groups across all our locations. We are currently 680 people based across 14 offices around the world.
WHAT WILL THE DEI CONSULTANT DO AT KOBALT?
- Develop a comprehensive D&I company strategy that supports Kobalt’s values and business goals.
- Provide strategic direction and support to our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, our Employee Resource Groups, the global People & Culture team and other key stakeholder groups.
- Influence through learning and development and serving as a consultative change agent for the organization.
- Be a change agent, spearheading our global diversity, equity & inclusion mission in partnership with our executive management team and staff around the world.
- Leverage data to identify opportunities for growth, promote adoption of inclusive practices, establish D&I reporting structure, and communicate insights & recommendations to Executive Leadership.
- Establish mechanisms to measure, track, and report on diversity metrics.
- Align D&I goals and initiatives focused on recruiting, retention and employee development with business objectives.
- Guide and increase our understanding of the external communities we operate in and be a credible voice for Kobalt.
- Create D&I best practices to support our staff, artists, songwriters and clients.
- Collaborate with our People & Culture team on talent development, talent management, and talent acquisition strategies.
- Work closely with our Employee Resources Groups to represent Kobalt at targeted internal and external events, create strategic partnerships, and develop diversity, equity & inclusion-focused communication strategies and initiatives.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience leading diversity, equity & inclusion strategies.
- Proven track record of leading global company-wide diversity, equity & inclusion strategies, initiatives, and programs with multiple stakeholders, in a complex environment.
- Executive presence; confidence in facilitating, presenting, communicating, and influencing all levels of employees, as well as external partners.
- Capable of driving multiple initiatives and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and deepen connections with diverse people, groups, and communities across all demographics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills; able to turn data into insights and a compelling narrative.
- Experience in a related industry (e.g. media, entertainment or tech) is a plus.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.