Position: MANAGER, HIP-HOP AND R&B MARKETING
Employer: SONY MUSIC
Location: NEW YORK, US
Closing Date: AUGUST 6TH 2020
About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
As a member of the Marketing department, this individual will plan, develop, implement and drive innovative and effective marketing plans for individual artist projects, strategic catalog initiatives and cultural moments all of which should drive revenue growth and audience acquisition around the Sony Music Hip-Hop and R&B catalog.
- Contribute to the marketing, social media and streaming strategy of a team dedicated to increasing consumption, audience development and engagement around the Sony Music’s Hip-Hop/R&B music catalog.
- Oversee social media campaigns and strategies that resonate within the hip-hop, R&B and relevant cultural spaces.
- Implement best practices for Sony Music’s hip-hop and R&B music catalog across all major streaming platforms.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to develop and implement streaming marketing strategies which will drive consumption.
- Lead weekly editorial meeting to map out monthly social calendar.
- Manage post boosting testing/optimization, creative development, and analysis for social campaigns, sharing findings in an ongoing manner with key stakeholders.
- Analyze current and historical results to optimize KPIs as well as future strategies.
- Define behavioral and demographic attributes to refine audience/sub-genre segmentation.
- Analyze and communicate competition strategies as well as digital marketing trends.
- Attend and contribute to all relevant internal company meetings and provide department head with timely feedback and follow-up.
- Prepare and distribute regular status report and project recaps on deadline.
- At least 4 years of relevant music or cultural marketing experience.
- Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of hip-hop/R&B as well as the digital and social landscape.
- Sharp knowledge of music streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, YouTube Music, Pandora, etc.).
- Established network of relevant contacts within the music and cultural digital communities.
- Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms such as TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Experience in social media content deployment, including copy writing/editing, image editing/optimizing and scheduling/optimizing posts for best performance.
- Knowledgeable in best practices of campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns across all channels (email, web, social).
- Ability to execute SEO, SEM, Google AdWords and Social Media Ad strategies and campaigns.
- Creative self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding attention to organization and detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.