Position: MUSIC EXECUTIVE, APPLE TV+
Location: LOS ANGELES, US
Closing Date: JULY 30TH 2020
Reporting to the Head of Music, the Music Executive will lead music projects for Apple TV+ across multiple genres such as Film, Unscripted, Scripted and Kids content.
We’re seeking an experienced collaborative team member with a friendly work style, who’s well-organized, able to optimally multi-task & prioritize, take initiative, and is a self starter. This role will play a key role in the development and execution of music within Apple’s original content and marketing
- Minimum 6 years of work experience, preferably as an established Film or television series music supervisor, or in a music department at a major network or studio
- Experienced in music licensing and working with composers in film or TV
- Knowledgable in budgeting music across films, animated or scripted/unscripted content
- Anticipate needs and changes, then react efficiently with independence and sound judgment
- Direct experience dealing with sensitive and confidential information with integrity; discreet and credible
- Inventive self-starter; eager to learn and grow, tackle new challenges, share standard methodologies and bring a can-do attitude to the position
- Establish and maintain effective business partnerships, both externally and cross-functionally
- Calm under pressure
- Experience with spotting sessions or assist within spotting sessions
- Passionate about music, television, movies and knowledgable about Apple’s services and products
- Proficient in Mail, Keynote and Excel/Numbers. Cue sheet programs. Music software – Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton a plus.
- Handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information while diplomatically working with complex and different personalities.
- Work with and maintain a database of composers, music supervisors, sound designers and tastemakers that Apple and our partners can utilize as needed.
- Sustain database of global music industry relationships including artists, managers, label executives and producers across a range of musical genres.
- Consistent interaction with studio executives, creative teams, show runners, musicians/composers & music supervisors.
- Contribute to creative process by collaborating with creative executives, producers and composers, and music supervisors on project.
- Resourceful in suggesting quality music and composer ideas; able to communicate ideas and concepts through music. Track licensing agreements, composer and music supervisor deals.
- Stay on top of new music trends, locally and internationally. Maintain an up-to-date, searchable music library database.