Position: GLOBAL LABEL RELATIONS MANAGER
Employer: AMAZON MUSIC
Location: LONDON, UK
Category: GLOBAL RELATIONS
Closing Date: AUGUST 6TH 2020
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Label Relations seeks to deploy the Global LR Manager role to the London office.
- Ensure a closer alignment across our global organization, with a focus on i) streamlining global releases ii) sharing best practices globally (via calls, newsletters, summits etc.) iii) advocating for international territories in the US (create localized promotional assets, advocate for international product parity etc.) and iv)
- Defining a global content strategy enabling import/export of local content to ensure that we develop capabilities to export music to international audiences (as this is a critical value driver for local labels).
- Weekly check-in to ensure that forthcoming Gold and Platinum multi-territory/global releases are i) being globally optimized through a greater focus on localized assets (wherever possible), ii) distributing value proportionately among participating territories (e.g. the originating territory cannot be the disproportionate beneficiary), iii) adhering to best practices and iv) being set-up/delivered on as promised.
- Liaise with Global Programming Lead & Artist Marketing Mgr to resolve any local programming/marketing issues
- 5+ years experience with Label Relations, account management or sales
- Knowledge of music industry and digital media landscape
- Sound work ethic with strong attention to detail
- Experience in project management and/or driving cross-team collaborations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience in team-oriented work environment
- Bachelor’s degree required