Independent Label and Publisher Communion Music is growing its A&R team, and looking for A&R professionals at all levels.
- AS WELL AS HAVING A NATURAL AFFINITY WITH OUR CREATIVE AND WORKING CULTURE, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- The ability to critically analyse recorded music right through from demo submissions to finished recordings from multiple angles: creatively, structurally, technically and in relationship to the marketplace and cultural context.
- A genuine passion for artist development: the capacity to engage with lyrics in a meaningful way, display empathy for the artistic process and be able to relate to artists socially and creatively.
- The appetite to monitor specialist radio, blogs and other media sources as well as having and maintaining relationships with music lawyers, managers etc. and to have an appetite for attending live music events on a weekly basis.
- A first-hand understanding of one or more of the following creative processes: song-writing, producing, engineering, performing/general musicianship.
- Exceptionally high levels of drive and initiative, first rate communication skills, attention to detail and the proven capacity for original thinking.
AND, DEPENDING ON THE LEVEL OF HIRE:
- A good current working knowledge of UK producers, producer managers, mixers, and an understanding of the record making process from inception to delivery of masters.
- A detailed understanding of relevant commercial trends, and in general of the broader music industry and its practices.
Apply by emailing here with your CV and all other relevant information