Position: DIGITAL SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
Employer: SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT
Location: MIAMI, US
Closing Date: AUGUST 20TH 2020
The Digital Accounts Manager will manage strategic audio programming and content curation to maximize revenue and exposure for the artist across a variety of streaming platforms such as Spotify or Apple Music, Pandora, Deezer, SoundCloud and Tidal.
This person must have professional user experience with music streaming platforms, speak and write fluent Spanish, and be able to relocate to the Miami area. Local candidates preferred.
- Managing day to day digital content business with select online services.
- Responsible for meeting content sales, revenue, and marketing goals.
- Drive new business initiatives with the account to maximize sales and exposure for artists.
- Propose and execute sales campaigns with timely featured positioning for artists, new & catalog releases, and other strategic initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships across multiple areas within the accounts, including content/editorial, product marketing, sponsorship, operations, reporting, executive levels, and related 3rd party providers.
- Work closely with the head of digital business, head of streaming services, marketing managers and production managers communicating issues and roadblocks to ensure effective performance of projects.
- Share insight, analysis, and recommendations with accounts to improve our mutual businesses.
- Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives, and other account activity.
- Assist in solving operations, reporting, technology, and business issues to ensure efficiency.
- 4+ years of prior experience in account/client management or digital content sales, distribution, or promotion as well as digital sales analysis.
- Experience managing, programming, and optimizing music services or prior record label experience.
- Proficient knowledge of music streaming platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Deezer, SoundCloud and/or Tidal and their related best practices.
- Extensive Excel skills to handle high volume reporting, filtering and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field(s).
- Conversational and written fluency in Spanish.
- Ability to generate reports from various in-house systems and make strategic recommendations.
- Prior experience at a digital content services company or digital services provider.
- Strong knowledge of the music industry and related social media news, trends, and the competitive landscape.
- Strong understanding and passion for Latin music genres including Latin Urban, Regional Mexican, and Latin Pop.
- Excellent time-management, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and under pressure while balancing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Word.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.