Position: COPYRIGHT CONTROLLER
Employer: C.C. YOUNG & CO
Location: LONDON, UK
Closing Date: Dec 14th 2018
Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 20 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
It is seeking a Copyright Controller to join the team dealing with clients who are copyright holders such as record companies, publishers, writers and composers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Maintaining agreements files
- Maintaining royalty statement files
- Maintaining licence files
- Typing contracts / liaising with artists to ensure signature and execution of contracts.
- To ensure effective and proactive management of high profile clients’ repertoire registration and collection with the appropriate collecting societies.
- To administer the receipt and organisation of royalty statements, both paper and electronically;
- To assist in the preparation of royalty accounting for record labels and publishing companies;
- To administer PRS Live
- Handling the registration process for tracks for PPL, PRS, MCPS and other collection societies.
- To assist the Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise.
- Work to be carried out onsite at the of C.C. Young & Co Offices
- Attendance at in office and out of office meetings with Staff and Clients may be required – advance notice will be given if travel arrangements are required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of recording and publishing companies and collection societies;
- Ability to interpret agreements; and
- 2 years+ working at C.C. Young & Co. or similar music industry accounting firm.
KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a primary focus on Word and Outlook;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to follow projects through to completion;
- Good use of time management;
- Friendly, helpful attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day
- Good knowledge of Counterpoint Record Maestro or similar royalties software;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to produce royalty statements to an acceptable standard; to include:
- Correct rates and deductions
- Appropriate presentation
- General understanding of work undertaken by and issues concerning all C.C. Young & Co. departments (Personal Tax, Corporation Tax, Royalties & Audit, and Company Secretarial).
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work whilst under pressure;
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients
- Client Meetings (e.g. presenting result to management, communication with lawyers etc)
- Telephone Conversations
- Structured Written Correspondence (e-mails / letters), which may cover several distinct but related issues.Ability to use time in the office efficiently in order to achieve maximum level of productivity;
- Awareness of chargeable time vs non-chargeable time
- Ability to work to a budget; and
- Awareness of clients’ “ability to bear”.
- Ability to work well with others.
If interested, please email here with your CV and any other relevant information.