What’s next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Repost is one of the industry’s fastest-growing distributors of music. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes and many more. Recently we launched Repost by SoundCloud, our at-scale SaaS distribution offering and are looking to bring on someone to help lead the charge on developing and growing the business vertical.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience. You will help form, validate, and incubate key strategic initiatives and execute on your vision cross-functionally. Above all, your work will impact the careers of many artists and musicians worldwide.
- Regularly analyze results, produce and communicate insights both internally and with partners, and make proper course corrections to drive KPIs
- Collaborate with product teams to optimize user experience including sign-up, onboarding, and upgrade flows
- Define the customer acquisition strategy
- Accelerate packaging and pricing decisions as needed
- Work with sales, product marketing, and business development to identify growth opportunities
- Independently run, ad-hoc projects to analyze and understand business implications of proposed decisions
- Be accountable for business case creation and oversee all go to market initiatives
- Build sustainable cross-functional relationships across the business, especially product, marketing, content and finance
WHO YOU ARE
- Have a demonstrated track record running a fast-growing SaaS business
- Passionate about the future of music
- Degree in Business, Finance, or related field, ideally an MBA
- A passion and love for startups, and a “get it done” attitude
- 7+ years in Business Strategy, Tech, or Consulting, ideally with Music experience
- Having Pricing experience and/or subscription experience is a plus.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives/senior management and peers
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence and thorough analysis (you do the work!)
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills (financial modeling)
- Strong resiliency and ambition to get things done despite an often-changing market and competitive situation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical and business audiences
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail to continually improve the user’s experience
- Experience working with engineers and PMs.