The Orchard is a fast growing company that is leading the way in both the distribution and artist service sectors. We have 46 offices worldwide and are extremely proud of the international approach to the business we take. The range of music we work with is both comprehensive and exciting, providing a challenging and rewarding experience for all our employees.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Director of Sales & Marketing to join us in the UK, you will be responsible for managing The Orchard’s local and global repertoire in the UK market; as well as driving a talented team of local professionals.
As the Head of Sales & Marketing for the UK, you will be responsible for managing The Orchard’s local and global repertoire in the UK market as well as driving a talented local team
The Orchard deals with a wide range of clients and your ability to understand and support their needs while driving success across a complex and evolving marketplace is crucial. You will be expected to balance relationships with both clients and partners while maintaining strong internal processes alike. You will need to be able to talk to both of these needs confidently and drive the team forwards by example.
You will be expected to identify key developments and trends within the industry and apply these practically. You will also be able to communicate these trends effectively to key internal teams to drive new business and stay ahead of the curve. You will be expected to consistently review the market through data analysis and apply that to all areas of your role.
A strong balance of both creative and practical application is also essential. We are looking for a candidate that can think about new and exciting marketing ideas as well as new ways to organise and increase practical efficiency. This is crucial.
We expect excellent communication, attention to detail, and a willingness to become part of the team. The Orchard prides itself on the attitude of its employee’s and fosters a team spirit that we expect anyone applying for this role to be keen to join.
- You will be responsible for driving maximum promotion and exposure for The Orchard in the UK and Ireland across all digital formats and partners. Fostering the relevant relationships and maintaining a consistent handle on key projects, developments and opportunities across our catalogue and our partners.
- You would be managing a team of 3 experienced and passionate people. You will have the opportunity to enhance the performance of the team through continued training and education while tracking their progress, monitoring all key accounts in the region. You will be required to support their development to achieve success for our clients, the team and the company.
- You will be responsible for all internal workflow and process for the team and will be required to consistently analyse and update where necessary.
- You would be required to analyse data to continually monitor ROI and the impact of initiatives. By utilising Orchards tools and technology to track and analyse data points, creating metrics and informative data around content performance.
- You will be responsible for guiding the team to think creatively and develop exciting, engaging and successful opportunities that work for both clients and partners.
- To be a true Ambassador for The Orchard UK, representing the business in meetings with current and prospective clients, accurately representing the services we provide as well as an expert source of knowledge and insight into the UK digital market.
- In addition you would work closely with the international teams within The Orchard and drive international priorities in the UK market.
- Extensive or proven experience in digital retail with a good understanding of digital distribution
- Excellent knowledge of the streaming landscape with strong knowledge of all leading digital retail platforms (Spotify, Amazon, Apple, Youtube etc)
- An existing network of contacts within the industry and an aptitude to develop new relationships
- Proven experience to manage a team of skilled and driven individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mind, the ability to work with numbers and data and translate this into strategy to improve results
- Familiarity with Excel, Powerpoint, Word