Dual Role: Label Manager and Account Manager in The Orchard’s Video Services department
Location: (Johannesburg, South Africa)
ABOUT THE ORCHARD:
The Orchard is an independent music and video distributor specialising in comprehensive digital strategies for content owners. We partner with companies of all sizes, from major independent record labels to management firms to production companies, to make their music and videos available across more than 660 digital and mobile outlets in 75 countries, as well as physical retailers across North America and Europe. We work with our clients to maximise their revenue through pricing strategies and sales promotions, provide the latest and greatest digital marketing tools, and offer products like sophisticated sales analytics to help them run their businesses efficiently and effectively.
LABEL MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
This role focuses on the development and management of an assigned roster of labels at the industry’s leading independent music distributor and label services company. This person should have strong passion, knowledge, and excitement for independent music and label development, an understanding of the current retail landscape and opportunities, experience with metadata best practices, a creative spirit, and solid communication skills.
ACCOUNT MANAGER VIDEO SERVICES JOB DESCRIPTION
As an Account Manager in The Orchard’s Video Services department, you are vital in scaling our fast growing Video Services business; executing on a value proposition that drives client satisfaction, engagement and revenue. You are a positive, smart, creative and analytical forward thinker, and an Orchard evangelist in and outside of the company.
Managing a roster of premium video clients, you will drive channel strategy from start to finish and execute on key channel support including optimisations, programming, analysis, reporting and troubleshooting with the purpose of driving engagement, revenue and client retention and maximising the client experience.
You will be relationship-driven with a creative streak and have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously and manage multiple deadlines. Your enthusiasm for video & technology will be second to none & your passion for music sets you ahead of the game.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR LABEL MANAGEMENT
- Manage day to day relationships with an assigned roster of distributed independent labels
- Collaborate with labels and internal departments to help create and execute release development plans and strategies
- Track pre- and post-release drivers and successes in internal and external priority campaign marketing documents and recaps
- Work across departments to create strategies and campaigns to develop the catalog of assigned label roster
- Manage assigned labels’ digital and physical product logistics and operations ensuring digital content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems, and physical releases make their way to market by way of coordinating with sales, manufacturing, and inventory management
- Support operational needs of local Artist Services managed campaigns as needed
- Liaise with all internal departments (from finance and marketing to legal and management) to ensure labels’ business needs are met, as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels’ interests
- Utilize The Orchard’s internal data and analytics tools to inform marketing and sales decisions
- Ensure the global sales and marketing organization has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases
- Drive product adoption of The Orchards tools and services across the label base
- Lead in business reviews with assigned priority labels
- Availability outside of office hours is expected
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR VIDEO SERVICES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Solely responsible for a roster of high priority clients and channels partnered with the Orchard’s MCN from initial launch through to channel strategy, programming and optimization work.
- Serve as the singular point of contact for inquiries from client and client management team on designated roster of priority channels / clients. Maintain high level of client communication.
- Execute various post-launch channel activities that enable clients to attain maximum reach and retention of users, maximize revenue, and super-serve clients across multiple tiers of service – all based on strict deadlines and priorities.
- Provide on-going priority channel support including programming advice, optimizations, channel analysis/monthly reporting, and troubleshooting general partner questions.
- Provide an extraordinary level of support for Video Services clients & internally (client managers, etc.) to ensure that video content related issues are resolved immediately
- Perform channel & video audits for key clients – advising & executing on key takeaways
- Track, analyze, and report on channel & category progress, using metrics like CPM, viewership, and subscriber demographics.
- Liaise with clients / client managers, interactive marketing & audience development to leverage YouTube around key release campaigns & isolate / develop tent-pole campaigns specific to YouTube for their key clients.
- Execute against quality assurance, auditing and process initiatives determined by Video Services Management team.
- Serve as an expert for other staff members, answering key questions and providing advice and strategy.
- Work closely with Senior Manager, Accounts communicating client issues and roadblocks to ensure effective channel account management post-launch.
- Effectively work within The Orchard’s internal systems, YouTube’s CMS (Content Management System) and YouTube.com, maintaining up to date and accurate records.
- Proficient knowledge of current YouTube channel best practices, channel category subject matter, music industry and social media news & trends and competitive landscape.
- Proficient knowledge of the Orchard’s overall value proposition.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Strong passion for independent African music and label / artist development
Excellent internal and external communication skills (both written and verbal) and professional diplomacy
Sales and marketing experience across digital and physical platforms
Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required
Strong knowledge of the music retail landscape and best practices
Understanding of, and experience with, artist development
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
A self-driven problem solver and leader
Collaborative with other departments
A people person with the strong interpersonal skills
An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person
Resourceful and takes initiative – an expert troubleshooter
Passionate about the music business, and the future of music