Position: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND LABEL REP
Category: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Location: LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
Closing Date: Dec 16th 2018
FUGA, a leading digital music distribution platform for independent record companies, distributors and artist services platforms, is currently looking for a Business Development and Label rep to help grow our West Coast business and support our existing client base.
You will be actively seeking new partners and will be the first point of contact for record labels and online music services that use our software to distribute music.
WHAT YOU DO
In addition to supporting FUGA through outreach to prospective new clients, your responsibilities will also include acting as a front-facing liaison for existing clients and DSP partners.
- Proactively reach out to prospective new clients
- Investigate new leads through industry research
- Qualify incoming leads and analyze potential of prospective clients
- Manage introductory calls, FUGA platform demos, and present custom marketing strategies
- Represent FUGA at local industry events
- Be a point of contact for our clients and DSPs based on the west coast and similar time zones.
- Help to on-board new clients using the FUGA platform
- Guide clients in timely migrating of back catalog to the FUGA platform and general use of the platform for new releases
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and (where possible) solve technical and content related issues
- Escalate issues appropriately and communicate effectively with internal teams
- Where needed discuss release priorities with local DSP editors
WHO YOU ARE
You are social, outgoing, industry savvy, communicative and have experience dealing directly with business leaders to foster new opportunities and strengthen industry relationships.
SOME OF THE CORE QUALITIES AND CAPABILITIES WE FEEL ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE ARE:
- Two or more years of experience in a business development and/or label relations position within the music industry
- Creative and independent worker / thinker / planner
- Excellent Spanish and English skills – written and spoken
- Knowledge of music and music industry trendsMotivated to develop and foster independent distribution processes
- Analytical and investigative
- Strong capability for cultivating trust within partnerships
- Experience working remotely and communicating effectively between several geographic locations / time zones
- Confidence in a negotiation and business terms discussion
- Ability to read basic contract language
- We would be thrilled to have someone that is passionate about music and has a firm understanding of digital supply chain operations:
- Know how FUGA or a similar music delivery platform works
- Understand music metadata issues
- Knowledge of the digital music consumer landscape
- Understand DSP music marketing processes
WHO WE ARE
- Small, enthusiastic team and a growing company with strong ambitions
- International business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech
- Egalitarian, transparent environment with career growth opportunities
- Part of a dynamic industry: music & technology
Founded in 2006, FUGA build software and provide services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries.
Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in New York, London and Milan and representatives in Paris, Korea, Japan and Brazil.
We operate at the heart of the music industry with clients such as Armada Music , Spinnin’s Records, Tommy Boy, Ultra Records, Curb Records, Epitaph, Domino Recording Company and many more.
FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with online stores such as Spotify, iTunes, and Apple Music. FUGA’s products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music and collect on their revenue. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their strategy.
Follow this link if you want to apply.