AWAL is looking for a personable and ambitious Manager to work within the Global Commercial Partnerships team in a unique, future-facing promotions role.
Based in LA and reporting to the Vice President, Global Commercial Partnerships, the Manager will be responsible for AWAL’s Hip-Hop and R&B artists and responsible for leading strategy and building relationships with key editorial, marketing and label relations teams at streaming services in North America.
The ideal candidate is results-driven and ambitious with an entrepreneurial mindset as well as a natural ability to build lasting relationships. To be successful in the role, you also have to be a collaborative team player but with a humble approach focused on getting results in innovative and forward-thinking ways.
WHAT DOES A GLOBAL COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER DO?
- You are responsible for cultivating and strengthening relationships with key editorial, marketing and label relations teams at streaming services in the US, with a focus on Hip-Hop & R&B
- You contributes to the overall digital release strategy and works closely with the Global Commercial Partnerships team in addition to the Marketing and the Artist Development teams
- Develops and implements playlisting strategies
- Liaise with international territories for localized campaign strategy
- Collaborates with AWAL Artist Marketing, Label Development, B2B, and Artist Management teams to execute successful artist campaigns across the DSP spectrum
- Communicates streaming, play-listing and digital sales and streaming results throughout the AWAL organization
- Prepares streaming reports and key-results for priority campaigns
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Knowledge of current and future trends in music with a deep knowledge of Hip-Hop and R&B and an established network within Hip-Hop and R&B artist, industry and influencer communities
- Deep understanding of emerging and established streaming and social platforms
- Understanding of industry best practices for various accounts & retailers, marketing and operational front
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to set and consistently meet deadlines
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.