The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Skepta, Jorja Smith, Albert Hammond Jr. and Ezra Collective.
With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, our focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
This role focuses on the development and management of an assigned roster of labels at the industry’s leading independent music distributor and label services company. This person should have strong passion, knowledge, and excitement for independent music and label development, an understanding of the current retail landscape and opportunities, experience with metadata best practices, a creative spirit, and solid communication skills.
- Manage day to day relationships with an assigned roster of distributed independent labels.
- Collaborate with labels and internal departments to help create and execute release development plans and strategies.
- Track pre- and post-release drivers and successes in internal and external priority campaign marketing documents and recaps.
- Work across departments to create strategies and campaigns to develop the catalog of assigned label roster.
- Manage assigned labels’ digital and physical product logistics and operations ensuring digital content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems, and physical releases make their way to market by way of coordinating with sales, manufacturing, and inventory management.
- Liaise with all internal departments (from finance and marketing to legal and management) to ensure labels’ business needs are met, as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels’ interests.
- Utilise The Orchard’s internal data and analytics tools to inform marketing and sales decisions.
- Ensure the global sales and marketing organisation has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases.
- Drive product adoption of The Orchards tools and services across the label base.
- Lead in business reviews with assigned priority labels .
- Availability outside of office hours is expected.
- Strong passion for independent music and label / artist development
- Excellent internal and external communication skills (both written and verbal) and professional diplomacy
- Sales and marketing experience across digital and physical platforms
- Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required
- Strong knowledge of the music retail landscape and best practices
- Understanding of, and experience with, artist development
- Fluency in verbal and written English is preferred.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A self-driven problem solver and leader
- Collaborative with other departments
- Technologically savvy
- A people person with the strong interpersonal skills
- An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person
- Resourceful and takes initiative – an expert troubleshooter
- Passionate about the music business, and the future of music