Position: UK & IRELAND MUSIC EDITOR
Employer: APPLE MUSIC
Location: LONDON, UK
Closing Date: DECEMBER 13TH 2020
We started with 1000 songs in your pocket. Now it’s over 70 million. Music is part of Apple’s soul. Whether it’s classic jams or hot new tracks, music inspires us and drives us to do our best work every single day.
Apple Music’s editorial team puts together the best playlists and recommendations in every genre in the industry. It’s about the music you love, but you just haven’t heard yet. Technology provides access, but we believe in human curation and that if you can’t feel the music, you can’t reliably recommend it.
To strengthen our Apple Music editorial team, we are looking for someone with expertise in programming Hip-Hop, R&B, Grime, Drill, Afrobeats and Dancehall in order to drive our plans around black music and culture.
Are you a self-directed, highly adaptable and results-oriented professional that lives and breathes music and technology? Then we want to hear from you!
- Proven experience in a professional music industry role, ideally focussed on editorial and curation.
- Expertise in programming Hip-Hop, R&B, Grime, Drill, Afrobeats and Dancehall.
- Enjoys building strong relationships with existing and new partners.
- A track record of excellent communication and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven experience combining analytical skills with an ability to translate data into insights and actions.
- Has experience managing the relationship between talent and brands including optimising social reach.
- Experience working on the delivery of live events.
- Passion for and knowledge of Apple brand and products, and ability to inspire that same passion in others.
In this role, you will:
- Curate our Browse homepage and a wide range of playlists with a special focus on Hip-Hop, R&B, Grime, Drill, Afrobeats and Dancehall, ensuring our customers are presented with the most relevant tracks and best playlists and stations available.
- Develop and manage playlist brands, maintaining a deep understanding of musical culture and the lifestyles of different target audiences.
- Articulate our platform and our editorial voice to artists, managers, partners and other stakeholders, being a passionate advocate for Apple Music.
- Regularly connect with managers, A&R executives and other key industry partners in order to deliver projects and to inform editorial decisions.
- Act as a trusted editorial voice on music to the wider Apple business.
- Create and pitch innovative ideas that can drive subscriber growth or engagement targeting diverse audiences.
- Motivate colleagues to collaborate and drive creativity across the business.
- Create new ways of working that improve your team’s efficiency.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Apple Music’s key competitors.
- Work with internal teams to create and deliver original live events.
- Drive complex, time-critical editorial projects, working with cross-functional teams globally.
- Use your analytical skills to translate data into insights and actions, reinforcing an environment where you and your team mates can thrive and innovate.
- Maintain outstanding attention to detail and obsess over the customer experience, exercising a keen eye for great content and design.
- Fluency in English is required. Additional languages are a plus.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Apple does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.