The Marketing Coordinator will be a results-driven, detail-oriented, passionate marketer with strong attention to detail.
The right candidate will be social media savvy with a pulse on the ever-changing features, trends, and KPI’s for social networks, has a strong sense of successful content marketing, and a love for all things music.
The person in this role is expected to have broad knowledge and experience with marketing campaigns, including email marketing, SEM & PPC, SEO, social media, print/digital/radio advertising, direct mail, sponsorship, strategic partnership, and events. This position will require skills in copywriting, design, content creation, content calendar planning, reporting, digital advertising, campaign tracking through unique URL codes, and the ability to analyze data and make recommendations.
At Sound Royalties, we specialize in customized royalty financing for songwriters, artists, and producers. It will be your job to help us tell our story and effectively connect with our target audience to drive brand awareness and profits.
This is an excellent opportunity to create growth for an expanding company and for your career in a customer and employee-centric organization.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the execution of marketing initiatives, including but not limited to email campaigns, advertising campaigns, sales support initiatives, influencer campaigns, sponsorships, and events.
- Create, manage, and execute monthly social media calendars relevant to our business, audience, and industry.
- Write highly creative, engaging, and insight-driven copy for social media platforms. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Company Website)
- Grow a relevant online audience and generate engagement based on industry criteria, with a strong emphasis on potential customers.
- Coordinate with our design agency to execute new social media, email, and advertising campaigns.
- Design custom graphics in Adobe Suite for our social media pages and blog posts.
- Coordinate with digital marketing agencies to create and implement advertising campaigns to harness audience engagement and increase opportunity/lead flow.
- Maintain company website to keep videos, news, blogs, and testimonials up to date.
- Stay in-the-know of key industry news, trends, best practices, and competitive insights, and make recommendations when we can tie them into our business and marketing.
- Stay ahead of emerging social media trends such as algorithms, optimal posting times, copy style, content design, hashtags, advertising tactics, and targeting.
- Monitor conversations and brand sentiment across all social media channels and press-related coverage, and make recommendations based on the findings.
- Leverage press-related coverage by maximizing exposure through social media, industry-related online groups, email campaigns, etc.
- Organize and manage database of content including photographs, videos, press coverage, design elements, blog articles, etc.
- Report weekly and monthly metrics to illustrate the effectiveness of our social strategy and make recommendations for areas of improvement.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be an exceptional copywriter, editor, and storyteller, with an emphasis on SEO.
- Excellent content creator, content calendar planning, and management.
- Data analysis and the ability to make informed recommendations.
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in taking initiative and leadership of projects and responsibilities.
- Experience with utilizing task management programs (Asana is a plus).
- Experience using SMMS (Sprout, Hootsuite, Buffer, Planoly, etc).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years of experience with overall social media marketing, digital marketing, and writing for blogs, social media, and press releases.
- 2-3 years of experience with creating and executing results-oriented marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Journalism an asset but not required.