Position: HEAD OF CONTENT CREATIVE
Location: LOS ANGELES, US
Closing Date: MARCH 9TH 2021
Spotify Studios is seeking a sophisticated senior executive to lead all aspects of production, development and operations for one of our best-in-class partners. In this role, you’ll interface regularly to cultivate meaningful relationships with key talent, run point on a priority partnership, synthesize pitches and creative project ideas, and otherwise handle the creative business.
The ideal candidate brings meaningful experience across audio content to include development, production partnerships, general production and talent relations! This hire will coordinate and supervise the development process for creative ideas, working across Spotify business units to ensure alignment to improve potential for this partnership!
This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to the VP, Spotify Studios but sits outside the studio as its own unique entity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Handle the day-to-day business and operations for a key partner, acting as an operational and editorial executive and business owner!
- Serve as the connective tissue between the partner and Spotify departments (including creative, business, ops, legal, etc.) to identify, develop, and produce content that aligns with our overall vision and mission
- Set operational priorities in partnership with Spotify leadership, develop and evolve a slate of podcast programming, and drive production
- Execute and refine content development strategy
- Remain curious about the world around us and stories that need to be told
- Assess formats – books, articles, film/TV, and other intellectual property – for development; identify new and diverse talent / voices to uplift and bring to the platform
- Guide creators through the development and production processes
- Collect, analyze, and report performance metrics for all programming and use data to inform content roadmap, making adjustments as necessary
- Establish internal systems, workflows, and standard methodologies to optimize organizational efficiency and accelerate production output
- Foster and cultivate relationships with writers, show runners, producers, and talent
- Attend pitches and participate in notes call and meetings with creators
- Attend domestic and international conferences, festivals and other industry events to foster relationships and source creative talent
- Collaborate with the Principals on creative and business decisions for partner and Spotify teams in NY and LA
WHO YOU ARE
- 10-15+ years relevant experience is ideal
- Ability to navigate as a diplomat between many stakeholders in ambiguous environments
- Varied background across content categories (ideally including podcast / audio content)
- Proven track record of creation and production of great programming in multiple genres and platforms on time and on budget
- Ability to discover new and fresh material, and generate original programming ideas
- Extensive experience building, leading, and managing a team to work towards a shared vision
- Strong understanding of production and the ability to run personnel, budgets and deal-making
- Consistent track record of developing and maintaining extensive industry relationships including: writers, directors, show runners, producers, creatives, talent, agencies, management companies, and platforms
- Fluency in the broader digital media landscape
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, negotiation, organization, and prioritization skills
- Proven leadership, communication and relationship skills
- High level of EQ and discretion