Monstercat is looking for a passionate and creative Social Media Manager to create compelling digital campaigns and activations that speak to our fans and accelerate Monstercat’s social media presence into new markets worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing, you will be responsible for executing social content and marketing strategies that support Monstercat’s brand and music priorities. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and can effectively communicate new ideas, channels, and campaigns cross-functionally.
This is a dynamic and exciting role expected to evolve with the ever-changing digital landscape, and as the company grows.
What You’ll Do…
- Manage Monstercat’s social content strategy and execution, including planning, briefing, asset delivery, and content calendar development and management, across all owned platforms.
- Develop cohesion between Monstercat’s properties on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, TikTok, reddit and Discord, and advise on each channel’s best practices.
- Work together with the Design team and Content Producer to ideate video and image creatives supporting Monstercat artists/releases.
- Partner with KOL’s and influencers congruent with the electronic music + gaming space to develop creative marketing initiatives.
- Arrange live digital events, channel takeovers, AMAs, and other artist-first activations across Monstercat socials.
AUDIENCE ACQUISITION / CRM
- Proactively monitor, listen and respond to fans, acting as our voice and engaging them in conversation via social channels.
- Provide support to inquiries that come through comments, private messages, and communities. Script and monitor automated messages and bots to assist with customer needs.
- Research and recommend fan marketing tools/software to improve performance and offer UGC solutions.
- Analyze social media posts/sentiment performance, report metrics, recommendations to internal divisions, and continuously optimize for engagement + conversion.
- Partner with the Apparel and Marketing team to optimize digital shopping experience through integrations/plug-ins, and report any inconsistencies in Shop listings.
- Initiate audience building activations like contests, giveaways, and UGC campaigns supporting Monstercat and its artist roster.
COMPETITOR / INDUSTRY RESEARCH
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy, and educate the Marketing team on creative opportunities.
- Recommend new and novel platforms for Monstercat to develop a presence within.
- Write and edit copy for social and community channels.
- Participate in writing and proofreading for Monstercat blog posts, incorporating SEO and SEM (including keyword research and analysis of Google Analytics).
- Contribute to the development of Monstercat Instinct and Uncaged brand stories by pitching narrative threads with corresponding social messaging tie-ins.
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of experience managing social media (business) accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Familiarity with photo/video editing software a plus
- Experience in and passion for the music (particularly Electronic) and gaming industry preferred
- Expertise managing traditional CRM tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, or similar) a must
- Strong written communication skills are imperative; you are a master storyteller who knows how to cater their voice to diverse audiences
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to manage multiple social messaging projects simultaneously comfortably
- An enthusiastic team player with a proactive attitude
WHY JOIN MONSTERCAT? WE OFFER THE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Work with smart, driven, and passionate people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
- Work a flexible work week currently from home but when public safety regulations allow it… at our creative Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, and regular company events
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
HOW TO APPLY…
On our website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A personalized cover letter that highlights clearly and succinctly how your skills and experience match the specific requirements of this role
- A portfolio of previous work or any other demonstration of creativity and immersion within the social media landscape