Position: HIP HOP AND R&B PROJECT DIRECTOR
Employer: RED BULL RECORDS
Location: LOS ANGELES, US
Closing Date: APRIL 16TH 2021
Red Bull Records is a full-service independent record label dedicated to long-term artist development, with a diverse roster across a variety of musical genres.
We are seeking an experienced Project Director to oversee marketing and media campaigns for our Hip Hop and R&B projects.
As a key member of the Marketing department, this individual will lead, plan, develop, implement and drive innovative and effective marketing plans for individual artist projects, strategic catalog initiatives and cultural moments all of which should drive revenue growth and audience acquisition around the Red Bull Records Hip-Hop and R&B artist signings.
AREAS THAT PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS
All the responsibilities we’ll trust you with:
- Develop, create and execute global marketing plans on assigned projects, in partnership with all departments in the US and UK.
- Serve as primary point of contact between domestic and international teams to set specific project goals in conjunction with all departments (revenue targets, social reach, cultural impact, etc.) and continuously update status of these goals and expectations company wide.
- Create and implement strategies around an artist’s global positioning in the marketplace, content creation, release strategy, general creative direction, social footprint, etc.
- Develop and own project budgets in conjunction with finance team and department heads, managing spend and ensuring fiscal responsibility.
- Liaise with artist management/estates on a regular basis and communicate label plans and expectations.
- Seek out new strategic partnerships (including in the sports, LGBTQ, club, retail, and lifestyle spaces) to accelerate key performance indicators.
- Review real-time data and draw actionable conclusions to reach set strategic goals, managing fluid marketing plans that extend out 12 months or more.
- Lead the coordination of artist schedules for special events, promotional visits, performances, video/photo shoots, etc.
- Develop collaboration strategies that utilize Red Bull Media House in coordination with VP, Global Brand Integration.
- Co-Supervise direct report Marketing Coordinator.
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE THAT MATTER MOST FOR THIS ROLE:
- 5 – 7 years of strategic marketing experience in the entertainment industry with 3+ years of experience managing a team.
- Established network within Hip-Hop and R&B artist, industry and influencer communities.
- Deep understanding of all streaming and social platforms (both emerging and established) and the behaviors specific to each.
- Creative and collaborative self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills with a strong attention to detail. Strong verbal presentation skills with the ability to rally others around ideas and strategies.
- Ability to lead, supervise, coach and provide feedback to direct report.
- Self-motivated and able to follow through on assigned responsibilities as well as be able to think ahead and utilize problem-solving abilities.
- Strong ability to represent company brand.
- Passion for the roster, a relentless advocate for artist development, team oriented, dynamic and passionate music fan with a deep knowledge of Hip-Hop and R&B.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Travel up to 25%