Job title: Senior Marketing Manager – International
Responsible to: VP, Global Priorities
Department: International Marketing
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
MUSIC IS UNIVERSAL
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
THE A SIDE: A DAY IN THE LIFE
Reporting to the VP Global Priorities, the Senior Marketing Manager, Partner labels is responsible for the management of UMG’s Partner Label relationships, including Disney Music Group and Concord Music Group – developing and executing International marketing strategies and promotion of their artists and soundtrack releases.
THE B SIDE: SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Managing the relationship with both the Disney Music Group and Concord Music Group based in the US, and other partner labels as appropriate, while serving as the primary resource for Concord
- Maintaining regular communication with the International teams, informing them of priorities, projects and ensuring that there is transparency of activity around the world for the respective releases
- Working together with International teams to ensure the most appropriate marketing strategy is applied to the artist specific to the local market
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships and communication with artists and artist management teams, working on promotional activities where appropriate and travelling to territories to support activities where required
- Leading other members of the team and reporting through to line manager on the progress of campaigns and the status of artists signed to Universal Music’s partners
- Managing the International marketing and promotional campaigns for artists signed to our partner labels
- Evaluating marketing budgets and ensuring they are appropriately adhered to on all marketing campaigns
- Liaising with international marketing and sales teams to establish demand for physical products with the respective
- Planning and Production teams
- Collaborating with our supply chain and monitoring all metadata across Universal systems to ensure that both digital and physical products are properly set up
- Analysing release projections from all international markets to ensure that they are reflective of historical sales and the current marketplace
- Analysing available data insights, monitoring market activity and keep abreast of current trends to inform and further enhance campaigns and increase market penetration
- Identifying areas for business growth, strategies for breaking artists in new markets and initiating and developing creative and innovative campaigns
- Identifying the need for and directing the creation of creative content and marketing tools for international use.
- Initiating and managing central advertising where appropriate.
- Experience at a Senior Marketing Manager level within a music / entertainment business, with a track record of marketing priority releases
- Ability and experience operating in an International environment
- Experience product managing physical formats through supply chain
- Proven inquisitive and tenacious nature, ability to find the latest, most effective techniques to embellish and strategically enhance projects
- Experience analysing, interpreting and acting upon all the relevant data and insight around an artist’s digital and streaming performance
- Sustained ability of developing innovative, organised, creative and commercially successful marketing strategies
- Highly creative & innovative thinker. Proven experience of identifying and developing positive strategic opportunities, suggesting alternative approaches and coming up with new ideas
- Established relationship-building and management skills with the ability to deal with creative individuals with tact and diplomacy. Persuasive and influential when engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Successful experience in negotiating with high profile characters (artists, artist management, internal stakeholders, and senior management)
- A love of music
- Strong and proven communication skills
- Resilient & tenacious
- Fast thinking, hard working
- Results driven
- Cultural curiosity and willingness to travel Internationally
BONUS TRACKS: YOUR BENEFITS
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
JUST SO YOU KNOW…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.