Creating your own website as a musician is a great way to promote yourself and your music, build a fan base, and reach a larger audience. It provides an opportunity to showcase your music, share your story, and connect with your fans. Additionally, it can help you to establish yourself as an artist and build a professional presence. Finally, having a website can help you to monetize your music by allowing you to sell merchandise, tickets, and other items. So let’s see which ones are the best to use and why creating your own is going to help you attain that musical success you so want to achieve.
Wix is an easy-to-use platform that allows you to create beautiful, professional websites quickly and easily. With Wix, you can create your own website from scratch or choose from hundreds of customizable templates, giving you complete control over the look and feel of your site. Wix offers a wide range of features, including drag and drop site building, powerful SEO tools, custom domain names, and more. With Wix, you can create a stunning website that is perfectly tailored to your needs. Whether you’re a business, blogger, or artist, Wix has the tools you need to create a website that will help you stand out and get noticed.
- Wix is an easy to use website builder, allowing users to design and build their own website with no coding experience.
- Wix offers a wide range of templates, so users can customize their website according to their needs.
- The drag and drop feature makes it easy to design the website quickly.
- Wix offers a free plan, so users can get started without any cost.
- Wix also offers a range of features like SEO optimization, ecommerce capabilities, and more.
- Wix websites are hosted on Wix servers, so users do not have full control over the website.
- The free plan has limited features, so users may need to upgrade to a paid plan for additional features.
- The customization options are limited, so users may not be able to create the exact website they want.
- The website may not be as fast as a website hosted on a dedicated server.
Bandzoogle is a website building platform that allows you to create your own website quickly and easily. It provides a range of features, including professionally designed templates, customizable designs, drag-and-drop content blocks, integrated social media tools, and more. With Bandzoogle, you can create a website that looks and functions exactly the way you want it to. Whether you’re a musician or band, Bandzoogle has the tools you need to get your website up and running in no time.
- Bandzoogle makes it easy to create a professional-looking website in a short amount of time.
- The platform is designed specifically for musicians, so it includes features like music streaming, digital downloads, ticket sales, and more.
- Bandzoogle has a wide variety of templates to choose from, so you can customize your website to fit your needs and style.
- Bandzoogle offers a variety of tools to help promote your website and music, including SEO optimization and analytics.
- The platform is very affordable, with plans starting at just $8.50/month.
- Bandzoogle does not offer a wide variety of customization options, so you may not be able to create the exact look and feel that you want.
- The platform does not offer any sort of customer support, so if you have questions or need help with something, you’ll have to figure it out on your own.
- Bandzoogle does not offer any e-commerce features, so if you want to sell merchandise or other products, you’ll have to use a third-party service.
Squarespace is a great platform for building your own website. It is easy to use, has a wide range of features, and is very affordable. With Squarespace, you can create a website with a drag-and-drop interface, customize it with a variety of templates, and add features like galleries, forms, and ecommerce. You can also use Squarespace to create a blog or portfolio, and you can even integrate it with other services like MailChimp or Google Analytics. Squarespace also offers excellent customer support, so you can get help if you have any questions or issues.
- Squarespace is an easy-to-use website building platform that allows users to create professional-looking websites quickly and easily.
- Squarespace offers a variety of customizable templates, which makes it easy to create a website that looks great.
- The platform is mobile-friendly, meaning that it will look great on any device.
- Squarespace is great for businesses, as it includes features such as analytics, marketing tools, and e-commerce capabilities.
- The platform is secure and reliable, so you can rest assured that your website will be safe and up-to-date.
- The cost of using Squarespace can be expensive, depending on the plan you choose.
- The templates are limited in their customization options, which can be limiting for more experienced web developers.
- Squarespace can be difficult to use for more complex websites.
- The platform does not offer as much flexibility as some other website building platforms.
Musicglue is an online platform for musicians and bands to create their own websites. It allows users to create a website in minutes, without any coding knowledge. Musicglue also allows users to manage their music, tour dates, merchandise, and more. It also provides a range of tools to help promote and monetize your music, including streaming audio and video, mailing list integration, and more. Musicglue is free to use, and offers a range of premium features to help you get the most out of your website.
- Musicglue is designed to be a user-friendly platform, making it easy for anyone to create a professional-looking website without any prior coding experience.
- Musicglue allows you to customize your website with a range of features, such as themes, custom HTML and CSS, and more.
- Musicglue takes security seriously, providing a secure hosting platform and a range of security features to keep your website safe.
- Musicglue provides excellent customer support, with a range of online resources, tutorials, and a dedicated support team.
- Musicglue is a basic website builder, and its features are limited compared to other website builders.
- Musicglue has a limited selection of templates, which can make it difficult to create a unique website.
- Musicglue is more expensive than some other website builders, and its pricing structure can be confusing.
Top 4 Reasons Why Musicians Need a Website
Do you really need a website for your music? With Facebook, YouTube, and all the musician-specific social networks out there, you might think that your own .com is obsolete.
But even in the age of free social media profiles, it’s more important than ever to have your own website. Here’s why:
#1 You own the address
First, with your own domain, you’re guaranteed to own that little slice of the Internet. As long as you renew it, it will always point to your website. Even if you switch hosting companies, you can transfer your domain so your fans will always be able to find you.
This isn’t the case with social networks. They can get bought out, lose out to competition, or simply become un-cool. Thousands of bands relied on their MySpace page as their home base, and look how that turned out…
#2 You own the experience
With your website you also own the experience. You can control what your fans see, when they see it. This means:
- No Distractions
Unlike with social networking sites, on your website there are no ads and links to distract your fans. You’re able to really focus on your music and your brand.
- No Design Limits
With your own website, you don’t have any design limits or restrictions. If you want to add a blog, or put a hi-res press kit for download, or even a special “fan-only” page, you can. Your website gives you the opportunity to make a deeper connection with your fans, without the limitations of a one-size-fits-all social network.
#3 You can sell direct-to-fan
If you’re selling music or merch, having your own website is even more critical. With your own website, you get to keep more of the revenue by selling directly to your fans.
Plus, when your fans buy directly from your online store, they can also join your mailing list at the same time. That way you can let them know about new music and videos, tours, crowdfunding campaigns, and more.
#4 You can link your Social Media to it.
Social media is great, but limited. Twitter allows 140 characters, Instagram doesn’t allow links, Facebook posts tend to disappear into the oblivion. A website is the place where the big information can go, and social media is where you can promote it.
So these are the websites you can use to further your music career and why you need a website, but how do you get started? We’ve got some great deals on website services exclusively for Мusic Gateway members over on our members pack.
If you need any help gathering all the content for a website then remember that you can get photographers for your head shots, graphic designers for artwork & album covers and a producer to polish off your finished tracks over on our marketplace.