Are you a musician looking to take your love of music to the next level? We are going to tell you all about a platform that enables you to do just that! Have you ever been in a new location on the lookout for someone to record or write with but found it impossible? That’s where the Vampr app comes in.
Vampr is an app that connects you to local musicians and music lovers for collaborative projects. It is available on IOS and Android (beta) devices. It doesn’t matter which instrument you play, you can search for nearby musicians, audition for bands and groups, or just discover music lovers who you can chat about music with.
Dubbed the Tinder for bands and musicians, let’s check out what it’s all about.
What Is Vampr?
Vampr is a location-based social and professional mobile platform. It helps aid music discovery, networking, and communication between musicians, music industry professionals as well as music fans. Essentially it’s an app for finding band members.
Founded in LA, in 2015 by Australian musicians Josh Simons and Barry Palmer of Hunters & Collectors. The iPhone app premise is that you can discover, connect and collaborate with musicians or music lovers. There is no longer a barrier for who you know or where you live when it comes to making or playing music. The app has facilitated over 5 million professional connections worldwide.
Like Tinder, Vampr is a swipe-left or right social media platform. It lets one musician connect to another. As a user, you can discover information about other musicians such as their featured songs from YouTube and SoundCloud.
Let’s find out more:
- Vampr allows musicians to connect easily. All musicians need to do is create an account and fill in their details.
- There is a simple YouTube and SoundCloud integration option available which enables the user to show off his/her skills to other musicians all over the world in a few quick taps.
- The app is free and also allows you to chat easily with users who you choose to connect with. It is really simple to start chatting with other talented new musicians or people who might be interested in your sound.
What Does Vampr Do?
Vampr is the top social platform helping creatives find people to collaborate with, create new music and even monetize their work. It is a vital network that grows with you and encourages you to play together.
- Connect – Discover musicians, industry professionals and music lovers nearby and be encouraged by the next generation of talent.
- Create – Build your team by staying in contact. You can get creative and message your new acquaintances. Update your profile with YouTube and Soundcloud integration.
- Control – From Publishing to Pro with Distribution, Vampr supports you professionally and also helps you gain money from your tracks.
How it works:
- Create an account, this is very easy to do as you can even log in with Facebook.
- You will then see the following screen describing how the app works.
- You will then see an image of the first musician and their bio.
- Swipe right to connect or left to pass (ignore). Be careful as this is permanent!
- You also have the chance to Swipe up to Save for later.
- Click on the image if you want to see more about that musician.
- Tap on the Audition tab to view a user’s YouTube and SoundCloud media and consider their work.
- To connect just click on the tick and start chatting.
- In the settings menu, you will discover options such as Edit Media, My Information, Discovery Preferences, and App Settings.
- Edit Media allows you to alter your profile pics and add media from YouTube and SoundCloud for people viewing your profile.
- My information, you can edit the fields to add to your profile.
- Click in Discovery Preferences to set the age, distance, and location of the musicians you are looking for.
- If you want to be specific then click on ’What are you looking for?’ there are a variety of categories e.g. backing singer, band, and bassist. Your search results will be better the more detail you put into this page.
Although the basic app itself is free, Vampr has introduced Vampr Pro which is available for $4.99 a month. Vampr Pro also offers reduced rates for a 6-month term ($23.94, $3.99/month) or a 12-month term ($35.88, $2.99/month). With Pro, you can access new features such as extra content on your profile, unlimited rewinds, enhanced search function, the Pro badge which helps you stand out, and also a stealth mode.
Vampr App Review
As you now know how Vampr works, let’s see some of the pros and cons of the app. Music collaboration is an excellent way to put your stamp on the music industry and to get your music heard. Although it may seem awkward approaching artists, you won’t know what could happen unless you go for it!
The premise of the Vampr is extremely good. Being able to add media from YouTube and SoundCloud considerably accelerates the time needed to get started. It also helps with evaluating a potential contact in terms of their talent. The Interface/UI of the app is also incredibly easy to use and also very receptive. The Discovery Preferences page is very effective giving Vampr the edge over its competition. These settings and options ensure that as a user you get the result you’re after. Customer care support is also really helpful should you experience any issues.
The main criticism is that there isn’t a web app available. It could be useful to have an online version of Vampr so users can experience it on a larger screen and with a better-quality sound system.
If you’re looking for a fast way to discover connections like Vampr, Мusic Gateway gives you the chance to connect with all kinds of people from all over the world without even leaving the house. Sign up to access the marketplace which is a global music collaboration platform that makes long-distance music collaboration simple. With Мusic Gateway there are plenty of opportunities to reach out to high-level businesses and industry professionals.
Vampr – Tinder For Musicians
If you are a music lover and are looking for another musician to connect with then download the app today! Vampr is a free platform to use so it is worth giving it a try. Vampr is similar to Tinder but with this app, you can search out for compatible artists to help progress your career. The app also has a big difference in that the connections are instant so you don’t need to have both users discover each other before starting a conversation.
Although Covid-19 has interrupted plenty of industries, Vampr saw a 20% increase in users at the start of the pandemic in March as many users unable to leave home downloaded the app to stay in touch with other creatives. The release of Vampr Pro was also pushed up to help accommodate users. There are now over 600,000 Vampr users in every country across the globe with a majority situated in the United States, Brazil, and Latin America. Although the main demographic is 18-24, Vampr’s clean design and easy-to-read interface mean it is accessible to any age group.
Vampr epitomizes that talent has no boundaries, with Vampr, any musician can discover another musician. This app gives its users a chance to connect or collaborate with other music lovers all around the world. Best of all, you never know who you’ll end up working with and they may be just who you need to take your music project to the next level.
It is fair to say some networking events can be stressful and even nerve-wracking but they do work wonders for your career if you get in front of the right people. Since most people are now working from home, with Vampr, musicians are still able to reap the same benefits as a networking event without having to leave the house. It’s a networking all-in-one user-friendly app.
The simple interface of Vampr allows you to connect with musicians with the relevant skills and interests you are looking for, meaning you don’t need to spend loads of time searching for what you want. You’ll already know whether your musical sensibilities add up to those of possible collaborators just by looking at their profiles.
Vampr is the easiest to use collaborative app and the largest, social-professional network of aspiring creatives in the world. With a simple swipe, you can connect with people around the globe, grow your network, and even build your team.
Start expanding your musical network now by downloading Vampr on iOS or GooglePlay.