The Tal Sampler is an innovative and powerful VST, Audio Unit and AAX plug-in. It is a music production tool that allows users to quickly and easily create and manipulate samples. With its intuitive design and powerful features, the Tal Sampler is an excellent choice for producers of all levels.
This analogue-modelled synthesizer offers a sampler engine as its sound source, along with a powerful modulation matrix and self-oscillating filters of high quality. It focuses on providing the fun of sampling from the past, with small samples that load quickly and an intuitive workflow to create custom sample presets without becoming overwhelmed by settings.
Let’s take a closer look at the features of the Tal Sampler and discuss how it can be used to create unique and compelling music.
The Tal Sampler is a versatile sampler software designed to provide users with an easy-to-use, yet powerful tool for creating and manipulating samples. It features a wide range of features, including:
* Sample import/export: Import and export samples from/to a variety of formats, including WAV, AIFF, and MP3.
* Sample editing: Easily edit samples with a variety of tools, including pitch shifting, time stretching, and looping.
* Effects: Add effects to samples, such as reverb, delay, chorus, and more.
* MIDI support: Trigger samples from any MIDI device.
* Automation: Automate parameters such as effect settings, sample playback, and more.
* Crossfading: Easily crossfade samples for smooth transitions.
* Library: Store samples in a searchable library for easy access.
* Compatibility: Compatible with both Mac and PC.
Using Tal Sampler
You have the option to select from various Digital Analog Converters (DACs) so as to get that classic sound of hardware samplers in your DAW. Instead of simply bit-crushing or decimating the output signal, the Tal Sampler will down-sample the sample to a certain frequency and then process it depending on which DAC is chosen, before up-sampling it back up to the desired pitch. Most DAC modes come with a LEVEL slider which allows you to adjust the volume of your recorded sample, which reduces its quality. Try and load up your favorite high-quality sample and give it an old-school, noisy makeover perfect.
Tal-Sampler offers an SFZ import feature which imports the mapping and sample paths, as well as an easy-to-use mapping editor. You can drag & drop samples from Finder or Explorer in common formats (*.wav, *.aiff, *.aif, *.mp3, *.ogg, *.flac).
The intuitive sample browser helps you find your samples quickly and features a vintage real-time time stretcher and the ability to modulate sample loop positions for added flexibility.
Creators of Tal Sampler
TAL Software GmbH is a software development company founded in 1995 in Germany. It specializes in the development of software solutions for the banking, insurance, and telecommunications industries.
Download Tal Sampler here.