Spotify is a huge music streaming platform with 96 million subscribers and 170 million users overall. It is the largest and most popular subscription-based music streaming platform. Spotify is a great tool for independent artists to have more autonomy over their music careers without the help of a music label. Spotify is very popular with big music brands to bedroom musicians. One element that makes it useful for artists is the Spotify artist playlist feature. Throughout this article, we cover topics such as; How to make a Spotify artist playlist, how to make a good playlist, a step-by-step guide, top tips, and more!
What Is A Spotify Artist Playlist?
Essentially, it is a set of songs that you (the artist) put together for your viewers and followers to enjoy. Spotify artist playlists can only be created by verified artist pages, so don’t worry, nothing slips through the cracks! And what’s more, the songs can be anything you want!
If you haven’t signed up for Spotify Premium yet – what are you waiting for?! Sign up now to enjoy unlimited ad-free music, anywhere!
How To Be A Spotify Artist
Being a successful Spotify artist requires hard work and dedication. First, it is important to create a professional profile that stands out from the crowd and showcases your music. You should also use social media to promote your music and build a fanbase. Additionally, it is important to use Spotify’s promotional tools such as playlists and ads to reach new listeners. Finally, it is important to stay connected to your fans and engage with them regularly. Copy Save Rewrite
Why Should I Create An Artist Playlist?
As a new artist, it can sometimes be difficult at first to widen your audience and promote your music. Having a Spotify artist playlist is a great way of doing that whilst getting to listen to your favorite tracks. The playlist feature lets you add an artist’s playlist to your Spotify profile. Therefore, your followers and potential visitors to your page can listen to the music you like. It is also a great way to gain extra play and new followers.
Another reason to create is that Spotify wants you to! Spotify see it as a compliment if you’re utilizing their artist features, it can even lead to you getting featured on Spotify’s official playlists! Similarly, other artists featured in your playlist could open doors with opportunities to collaborate and tour with bands. If you’ve just released a hot new track, you want your listeners to check that one out first. Spotify artist playlist allows you to control in which order your viewers listen to your songs.
Spotify Artist – How To Create An Artist Playlist For Your Profile:
To get rocking, it’s as easy as 5 quick steps to learn how to create a playlist on Spotify for artists:
1. Go to Spotify for Artists on your desktop or open the mobile app.
2. Once you are logged in, go to ‘Profile’ and scroll down to Artist Playlist. This should bring up your artist profile, including editing options for your profile.
3. Once you’ve found the artist playlist, select edit then click on + Artist Playlist to choose a playlist to add to your profile. You will be given the option to search for the playlist, including the option to copy and paste the Spotify playlist, link in the search field.
*Side note, you will be able to add playlists created by other users, including your playlists you have created.*
4. Copy the link to a Spotify playlist by right-clicking on it or tapping on the three dots if you are using your phone. Choose “share”, then Copy Link.
5. Click Save and there you go!
Note: If you want to remove a playlist from your artist profile, you can go to Spotify for Artists or open your mobile app. Go over to “profile” and the playlist under Artist Playlists, then next to it click the X.
How To Find Artist Playlists On Spotify
It’s not always obvious how to find artist playlists on Spotify, sometimes they can seem a little hidden away. You’ll want to scroll to the bottom of an artist’s profile to find the button. Often an artist will ‘Pin’ their playlists so that they’re easier to find at the top of the page with the button ‘Artist’s Pick’
Tips For Making A Good Playlist
- Make your Spotify artist playlist easier to find by pinning it to the top of your page at ‘Artists Pick’
- You want 30 songs minimum, you want to hit around 2 or 3 hours of tracks.
- Make sure your songs flow! Nobody wants to be chilling to a ballad suddenly to be interrupted by a dirty grime track!
- Keep the playlists fresh – you want to be adding and deleting tracks weekly. Spotify’s algorithm favors new playlists and you want to be seen!
- Personalize your playlist by adding sick artwork and a cool and engaging description. This will be eye-catching for your viewers.
- Network! Link with other artists you’re featuring in your playlist… Perhaps they’ll return the favor!
Get Your Music On Spotify Through Мusic Gateway!
You read that right! We are one of Spotify’s approved music distribution partners!
Our incredible music distribution service gets your music onto all major platforms such as Apple Music, Amazon Music, and of course, Spotify! What’s more, you keep 100% of your sales and we don’t get a penny from you.
We also master your music for free to make sure that you sound the best you can before your release. With a free account, you get 2 free songs to start with and you get more based on your plan.
In addition, we offer exclusive sync licensing opportunities and free sync representation. As well as a free press, blog, and music promotion.
Hopefully, you’ll love what we can do for your career and will want to use some of these other amazing services!
So there you have it, a quick and easy way to create a Spotify artist playlist! Getting your name out there is super important and if you link with like-minded music lovers along the way… a bonus! Sometimes it’s the little things that can make a big impact. The Spotify artist playlist feature definitely is a great tool for both major and independent artists to promote themselves to their fans and potential new fans.
If you are experiencing any issues with your playlist or artist profile you can contact [email protected] and they will help you get your new user account connected to your artist profile.
If you need help optimizing your Spotify profile or getting Spotify Promotion, we can help. Our music promotion team will work with you towards your goals to amplify your music and enhance your career. However, if you’re still working on that one song you need to release to gain access to Spotify For Artists and aren’t quite ready for promotion, make sure to check out our global collaboration opportunities and specialist tools crafted especially for the music industry.