In this article, we are going to talk about the song Happily by One Direction and how to master the chords as well as provide links to their music and a step-by-step tutorial.
Who is One Direction?
One Direction is a British-Irish boy band consisting of members Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and previously, Zayn Malik. The group formed in 2010 and released its debut album, Up All Night, in 2011. The group has since released five studio albums, all of which debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart. The group has also achieved worldwide success, with their singles “What Makes You Beautiful” and “Best Song Ever” both reaching number one in the UK Singles Chart.
“Happily” is a song from their third studio album, Midnight Memories (2013). The song was written by Julian Bunetta, John Ryan, Jamie Scott and the band members and produced by Bunetta and Ryan. It is a mid-tempo pop-rock song with a guitar-driven melody. The lyrics describe a man who is content with being in love, despite the fact that his relationship is not perfect.
The best instruments to play “Happily” by One Direction would be guitar, piano and drums.
How to play:
- Start by familiarizing yourself with the chords used in the song. The chords used in “Happily” by One Direction are G, D, Em, and C.
- Play each chord four times. Start with G, then D, then Em, then C.
- Play the chords in the order G, D, Em, C, G, D, Em, C.
- Repeat this pattern throughout the song.
- Sing the lyrics along with the chords.
- Once you are comfortable with the chords and the lyrics, experiment with different strumming patterns.
- Have fun and enjoy playing “Happily” by One Direction!
Click here for a link to a chord breakdown and video tutorial on how to play Happily.