Position: LABEL MANAGER - WORLD CIRCUIT
Category: LABEL MANAGEMENT
Location: LONDON, UK
Closing Date: Feb 11th 2019
We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee.
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
We are looking for a Label Manager – World Circuit to join our Catalogue team.
World Circuit Records is based at BMG UK in Paddington, and is part of the company’s recorded music department alongside labels like Trojan, Mute, Infectious and Salsoul and artists as varied as Kylie Minogue, Alt J, Black Sabbath, Fatboy Slim, Nick Cave and the Kinks.
We are looking for someone to join the team to plan and execute international releases for World Circuit’s new signings as well as acclaimed artists such as Ali Farka Toure, Toumani Diabate, Orchestre Baobab and the record-breaking Buena Vista Social Club.
In addition the new appointee will help run the label’s online shop, playlists, website and socials and work with external companies and artists on PR and marketing.
- Develop and execute a physical, digital and audio-visual release plan for World Circuit Records to grow its brand presence
- Co-ordinate label copy, sleevenotes, photos and artwork with designers aswell as mastering with the remastering engineer
- Check and approve all artwork and audio / audio-visual masters
- Update and develop the World Circuit website and shop
- Ensure an active social media presence using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Oversee the creation and delivery of regular newsletters
- Set up and run competitions
- Propose, compile and update World Circuit’s audio and audio-visual playlists
- Oversee the marketing of the playlists through social and paid promotion
- Oversee the creation of new video content for YouTube and social promotion
- Cost and monitor release and marketing plans using the company’s P and L and income tracking models
- Manage / oversee all of the admin around new releases including creating sales sheets, masters, updating the company release schedule, uploading packshots, audio and videos into BMG’s asset management system etc
- Prepare appropriate sales tools including sales sheets and catalogues.
- Present titles to internal and external sales team
- Manage all World Circuit invoices & reporting including sales, playlists, socials etc
- Working in world and / or roots-based music (country, jazz, blues etc)
- Previous experience in Marketing, social media and P&L’s essential
- Previous copy writing experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Confident team player
- Hard working & pro-active
- Photoshop skills desirable
- Languages desirable (French & Spanish)
- Interest in world music Country, Jazz, Blues etc!
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
HOW TO APPLY
If you are passionate about music and want to join the world’s fastest growing music company Apply now!
We look forward to hearing from you!