SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
We are looking for a Global Head of Music to ensure artists and music remain at the center of SoundCloud’s mission as we grow. This leader will set SoundCloud’s global music strategy, framing the company’s position in the center of trending music and breaking artists to drive long-term cultural and business growth. This role will report to our Chief Content and Marketing Officer and lead a global team to engage with music and artist partners at all levels.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead the global music team in creating SoundCloud’s strategy to build direct connections between artists and fans as part of the company’s overall vision to help artists capitalize on the platform
- Frame and communicate the unique value of SoundCloud, educating partners on how to use our platform to connect with audiences, expand their reach and build their businesses
- Develop and nurture relationships with artists, labels and managers to create, manage and execute artist marketing campaigns on and off the SoundCloud platform
- Spearhead the identification of high-potential native SoundCloud artists and develop innovative, artist-friendly ways for SoundCloud to invest in their growth
- Set the strategy and direction of SoundCloud’s positioning in the global music ecosystem and craft a unique vision for how to best engage with artists and consumers alike
- Collaborate with SoundCloud’s Repost creator services group to guide select artists into Repost creator services, enabling promising global talent to grow their careers in partnership with SoundCloud
- Work closely with the SoundCloud product and technology teams to develop a roadmap to ensure valuable and effective curation, programming and promotional features are developed for the platform
- Work with artists, managers and labels worldwide to build the relationships, capabilities and insights that connect our passionate listeners with our creative partners, providing the freshest music from across SoundClouds global ecosystem
- Develop the cultural and editorial vision to lead SoundCloud’s transition to an entertainment company centered around emerging talent by driving content curation on and off the platform.
- Evangelize our global music strategy, and act as an internal and external spokesperson for SoundCloud’s unique value to the evolving music industry
- Represent Soundcloud at all relevant industry events, communicating the platform’s strengths and opportunities with clarity and conviction
- 10+ years experience within the music industry with a background in management, A&R, artist and label partnerships, strategy, operations, marketing or promotions
- A proven operational leader with an ability to bring together diverse, global teams united toward a common goal
- A strategic operator with an ability to develop long-term vision without sacrificing the execution of short-term goal
- Dynamic, agile and flexible- you have the desire and ability to build and implement new models and approaches to solve complex challenges in a fast-paced environment
- You understand the music business from both the artist and label perspective, and you have the ability to create and build relationships across the global music community, including artists, managers, agents, lawyers and labels
- Analytical and innovative- you gather, analyze and interpret data to track progress and execute against long-term goals
- You have a passion for independent creators and the SoundCloud platform
Based in New York or Los Angeles
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
DIVERSITY AT SOUNDCLOUD:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations for the SoundCloud Community Fund to support, and more!