Position: NEWLY QUALIFIED / PQ ACCOUNTANT (UK)
Company: CC YOUNG & CO LTD
Closing Date: MAY 3, 2019
Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 20 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
Working in a team in our Business Services Department, you will be looking after a portfolio of clients from the Music and Entertainment Industry. Day to Day duties will include preparing Accounts, VAT Returns and ensuring a smooth running of client services.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To prepare year end accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships, and Limited Companies where appropriate for level of experience and training;
- To ensure smooth running of day to day Business Management throughout your allocated client portfolio;
- To review and oversee preparation of day books for your allocated client portfolio.
- To prepare VAT Returns for your allocated client portfolio;
- To effectively and appropriately communicate with clients; and
To assist the Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise that are suitable to level of experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS
- Part or Fully ACCA Qualified
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Interest in the Music and Entertainment Industry
KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Ability to progress towards ACCA qualification if not qualified
- Ability to use CCH software Suite advantageous
- Ability to prioritise;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to work well with others.