Position: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (US)
Location: SEATTLE WASHINGTON
Closing Date: MAY 24TH, 2019
Rhapsody Int’l is a pioneer in digital music and a leading provider of music streaming technologies and services for businesses, including some of the world’s most recognized and respected consumer services companies.
Rhapsody operates the Napster platform in 35 countries with a premium subscription service giving millions of subscribers unlimited ad-free access to the music they love anywhere, anytime and on any device – online or offline.
Napster combines the iconic history of one of the most recognizable music brands in the world with the vast experience and technological platform of Rhapsody International Inc., the industry’s first subscription streaming service provider. Rhapsody is headquartered in Seattle, with offices across the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
We not only offer a best in class music service directly to millions of customers but we are reshaping the music industry by powering companies to create new innovative music streaming services and experiences with our “powered by Napster” music platform solutions. Would you like to work with us to bring this secret sauce to more customers? Imagine a company dedicated to expanding the music industry. Come work with us and make it happen. Impact how millions of music fans listen to music every day!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Business Development Representative is focused on making an impact on the bottom line by generating new leads for the business development team at Rhapsody International. You are a natural and tenacious net-worker. You relish the opportunity to enter a room not knowing a soul and connecting with others in an authentic way and converting those new contacts into long-term business partners; creating new business opportunities for Napster’s B2B business.
This role establishes the first contact to potential partners and customers, creating an interest in the market for our Powered by Napster and PaaS offers. The position is located in Seattle reporting into the Director of Business Development. The primary focus is the North American market but this successful candidate can generate leads for the entire business in other markets. You will have weekly interaction with our business development teams in Europe and Latin America to help support the global sales funnel. This position requires up to 50% traveling. You will attend numerous events including but not limited to Natoe, NAB, midem, sxsw, music bus, CES, and a long list of other events you identify as must attend.
You are a highly energetic sales professional with a passion for music! You have worked in technology or entertainment related environments and you have experience with PaaS and SaaS sales. You are tenacious and creative in finding new business and market opportunities and product solutions that delight your partners. You are innovative, you think out of the box, and you think big! And because you are business savvy you lay the path for profitable deals with excellent potential to scale over time. You like to be on the road; you love to connect, network and build relationships. People find you easy to approach and like your open communication style. You are at your best when you can work independently; you are proactive, energetic and accountable for what you do.
- Develop and execute various sales strategies for our PaaS offerings in the B2B space in cooperation with business development team
- Identify and reach out to new target partners in priority verticals in multiple markets
- Identify and reach out to qualified partners to present, promote and sell our platform solutions and new opportunities that you identify tidy in the market
- Perform strategic follow up with potential customers
- Represent Napster in the market and conduct live demos showing how to use our products and services
- Prepare proposals, quotations, and presentations
- Prepare and identify various channels to increase customer acquisition
- You will build up interest in Napster turnkey solutions to warrant face to face meetings and calls with divisional heads and the BD Director
- Bachelor degree in business/engineering or marketing or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience in a sales / business development role focusing on B2B technology customer acquisition
- Relevant work experience in B2B solutions, SaaS and/or PaaS sales
- Proficient understanding of front-end/back-end technologies and web/mobile development
- Excellent communication skills and ability to connect and work with cross functional international teams outside and inside the organization
- Proven sales and business development skills
- Ability to work independently and self-directed
WHAT SETS NAPSTER APART:
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Napster. Below is a snapshot of some of our benefits and perks, but what you will be most blown away by is the amazing talent you will get to work with here.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Free Napster Premium Account (with great music discovery advice from your peers)
- Downtown Seattle office in the Columbia Tower with amazing views of the city, surrounding mountains and waterways
- Centrally located near public transportation, ferries, bike parking, as well as subsidized commuting options.
- Highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you’ll work alongside extremely creative and dedicated people.
- Generous PTO (and you are encouraged to use it!)
- 9 paid holidays
- In office snacks, soda and coffee
- In-house live music performances