Position: INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR
Location: LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Salary: £160 SITTING FEE PLUS EXPENSES
Closing Date: Oct 29th 2018
The British Academy of Songwriters, Composers, and Authors (BASCA) is seeking two Independent Directors to join the new Board that formed in July 2018.
These new roles join the organisation at a pivotal time as they will be instrumental in setting and implementing the new strategic direction for the organisation.
The Independent Directors are intended to bring complementary industry knowledge and experience to the Board which is otherwise made up of leading music creators.
Across both roles: politics, regulation, law, campaigning, research, human resources, marketing, commercial, finance, operations.
DIVERITY AND INCLUSION
As a signatory to the UK Music Diversity Charter, BASCA is committed to equality of opportunity.
Based at The Ministry, 79 Borough Road, London, SE1 1DN
- Minimum of 6 Board Meetings per year (usually weekday afternoons, 2-5pm)
- 3-year term until July 2021
- Additional ad-hoc business meetings and events
£160 sitting fee per Board meeting plus expenses.
29 October 2018
- To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing documents, company law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing documents.
- To ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives.
- To contribute in giving strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
- To represent the company at functions and meetings as appropriate
- To declare any conflict of interest while carrying out the duties of a Director
- To be collectively responsible for the actions of the charity and other DirectorsTo ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
- To abide by the equal opportunities policy
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the property of the organisation and to ensure the proper investment of funds
- To scrutinise board papers, lead discussions, focus on key issues, and provide advice and guidance requested by the Board on new initiatives, or other issues relevant to the area of, the organisation’s work in which the Director has special expertise
- To attend meetings, and to read papers in advance of meetings
- To attend sub-committee meetings as appropriate
- To participate in other tasks as arise from time to time, such as interviewing new staff, helping with member recruitment or campaigning.
- To keep informed about the activities of the organisation and wider issues which affect its work.
In accordance with our Articles of Association, the two Independent Directors cannot be Members of BASCA, nor songwriters or composers.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Lucy Skerritt firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please speak to Lucy Skerritt in the first instance by emailing email@example.com, or calling the office +44 20 7636 2929.