Position: SENIOR ANALYST, MARKETING PLANNING
Employer: SONY MUSIC
Location: NEW YORK USA
Closing Date: SEPTEMBER 8TH 2019
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Senior Analyst is the primary liaison between marketing/promotion/creative departments and Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inter-Company Accounting, IT, and on occasion Royalties and Core Finance departments.
- Ensure marketing costs are managed to keep costs within budget and achieve cost savings where possible.
- Audit, review and post approved marketing invoices, and act as secondary vendor contact.
- Ensure that PO’s are set up correctly before submitting to AP for payment
- Set up projects in budgeting system. Ensure accurate royalty codes are reflected and input budget amounts according to approved budgets.
- Responsible for facilitating artist budget transfers within projects for all departments
- Responsible for reviewing artist appearance budgets and ensuring they comply with policy guidelines
- Liaison between the Accounts Receivable and Mktg Planning to set up third party billing for product placements, reimbursements, etc
- Liaison between Inter-Company Acctg dept and Mktg Planning regarding affiliate billing and payments
- Monitoring receipt of third party and inter-company reimbursements/ contributions.
- Approve new vendor setups
- Create video royalty accounts for music videos
- Responsible for reconciling monthly Amex artist travel
- Approve ICQ forms (Independent Contractor Questionnaire) in accordance with company policy for vendors filing as individuals
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Maintain marketing contractual terms file
- Responsible for system creation/approval/and monitoring
- College Degree required (Accounting or Finance Related Field)
- 3-5 years related finance/accounting experience
- Excellent customer services skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and troubleshoot effectively
- Strong computer skills including Excel (including pivot tables, creating and running queries), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.