The Senior Manager, Content Strategy and Operations will serve as a key resource to the senior executive team for the Content Business Unit. The role spans across Spotify’s Music, Studios, and Marketplace functions and will help define the commercial path to growth through a robust strategic planning process. This role is a unique opportunity to deeply immerse oneself in the content side of the music and audio streaming industry.
The position will be based in New York or Los Angeles and will report into the Head of Strategy & Operations, Content Business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive strategic planning projects and processes by developing 3-year and 5-year strategic plans to grow the business
- Identify and develop plans for new business opportunities
- Build data-driven, scenario-based models to evaluate business impact of all types of strategic and business development initiatives (e.g., partnerships, investments, acquisitions, etc.)
- Author and design presentations and briefing documents for the Chief Content Officer and the Head of Content Business
- Shepherd the overall goal-setting and planning framework
- Identify and monitor key market and competitive trends
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure strategic alignment
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You have extensive experience leading strategy projects and developing implementation plans
- You like getting into the details and solving complex problems
- You have extensive experience building complex, multi-year business plan models
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are able to network and develop deep relationships across the organization
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in a top management consulting firm or investment bank
- You preferably have an MBA
- You preferably have experience in the music or content-creation industries in a strategy or corporate/business development role
- You have 7-10 years of work experience
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.