Spotify is looking for a passionate and experienced Podcast Editor – Music & Entertainment to join our Studios team.
You will play an important role in defining and executing Spotify’s podcast programming and content strategy in the US.
The main focus for this role is growth opportunities in podcast content and audiences. You will work in close collaboration with other members of the programming, production, marketing, and operations teams. You will be located in New York or Los Angeles and report into the Podcast Culture & Editorial Lead.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the expert on the Music & Entertainment industries and how they fit into the current and future podcast landscape, especially in regards to music, TV, film, comedy, and fiction content
- Consume the media diet of the primary audience(s) of Music & Entertainment-related content, including what’s trending across TV shows, YouTube, social media accounts, email newsletters, etc.
- Merchandize podcast and video content with compelling copy and imagery
- Develop and execute creative, quantifiable programming campaigns to drive awareness and engagement
- Build and handle a content calendar based around upcoming launches, editorial themes, and cultural moments
- Collect, analyze, and report relevant performance metrics to a broader company audience and convert these metrics into compelling marketing stories
- Provide insights on what’s working and what’s not, and make content recommendations
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience of programming and optimizing for engagement on a digital platform
- Deep understanding of creative communication and a solid sense of quality and commercial messaging
- Ability to drive your own work independently, leading multiple projects with many stakeholders
- Stellar skills in creating strategic plans and present your ideas in a compelling way to teammates and executives
- Excellent analytical skills and experience drawing insights from internal and external data
- A deep understanding of audience segments and targeting content to meet the needs of various audiences
- Experience in working with different publishing tools and CMS
- A real passion for the entertainment and culture space and a great eye for quality content and talent
- A strong command of the broader digital landscape and an interest in keeping up to date with developments in web and mobile platforms and applications
- You are fluent in English and other language skills are highly meriting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience