Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The Director of Product Development will join the newly created Data & Analytics group and will report to into the VP of Products, who reports into the Chief Data Officer. This group is responsible for building digital products using data as its primary currency. The role will manage Mobile, Web-Based, Self-Service products using the latest and greatest in Data Analytics, Cognitive Services, Machine Learning and more. This role is based at Sony Music’s offices in New York.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Responsible for the planning, adoption and experience management for Enterprise Digital Products that will be delivered within a cross-organizational portfolio of both business and technology projects that support enterprise, strategic objectives.
- Help set up the framework for the agile process, establish sprint cycles, organize PI Planning Sessions, establish MVP road mapping, and keeping all teams on track.
- Will oversee the development of new digital products at Sony Music, from inception to launch. Products include:
- Manage and deliver several mobile apps for both internal and external use. Will manage the product lifecycle using Agile Methods. Knowledge of React Native, Native Mobile apps is a plus (but not necessary)
- Manage and deliver several internal web-based portals and self-service tools for internal use.
- Lead a team of other Product Managers and coordinate cross-functional teams to implement product management best practices
- Work cross-functionality with vendors, consultants, designers, developers, and more
- Act as a mediator between the consumers and the development teams, communicating consumer needs and translating those needs into new product features for the team to design.
- Work with business partners, developers and leadership to determine product and feature implementation plan, training, change management and support.
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor respective product budget(s) for maintenance, enhancements and grow initiatives.
- Develop and manage a measurement strategy to ensure optimal product utility
- Create communication plans using project milestones, key performance indicators, service level agreements, risk and exposure, success rates, financial impact and benefits, and timelines
- Experience in managing analytical, marketing, and mobile products, doing A|B testing & direct user feedback (user testing, focus groups, etc)
- 10+ years relevant digital product experience
- Ability to define and manage to key performance indicators and metrics
- Agile Methodology is a must, using Jira, Confluence is optional
- Strong generalist that can bring structured thinking and analysis across functional areas