Position: ANALYST, INCOME TRACKING
Location: NEW YORK, USA
Closing Date: NOVEMBER 30TH 2019
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG
As the Analyst, Income Tracking US, you will be responsible for ensuring that income due to BMG clients for use of their song in a film, concert or commercial has been properly set up for payment and reported timely and accurately.
The position reports to the Senior Director, Income Tracking US and is based in Nashville, TN, Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to streamline processes. Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You have strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- You hold yourself and others accountable.
- You are able to work independently and as a part of a team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Live Performance Tracking (monitor live perf income, set-list submission to PROs/Affiliates)
- Commercial Jingle Tracking (research and quarterly ad claims per each PRO)
- Synch collection Recovery (outstanding +120 days)
- Top Client and Top Song Tracking (review ww earnings, variance detection vs 3rd Party data, claim missing income with PROs/affiliates/sub-pub hub)
- Recover unclaimed Funds Held by State Governments
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Highly advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of database/BI software or Counterpoint products is helpful, but not a must.
- 1-3 years music publishing or recording experience, ideally in Income Tracking, Royalty or other analytical role.
- Performance Rights experience preferred.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music