The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries.
It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
We’re growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, iBooks, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
Apple’s fast-growing global Apple Music business seeks a creatively-minded Jazz music programmer to join its global Editorial team. The successful applicant will work with company leadership to ensure that overall editorial objectives and initiatives are fulfilled. The candidate must have a deep passion for music, is driven and ambitious, highly organized and detail-oriented. This person helps provide the editorial and curatorial voice and vision of iTunes and Apple Music to ensure that our content meets the needs of our audience and our business.
- You have a thorough understanding of the digital content space
- You have the ability to help build and execute editorial plans, while also tracking projects across multiple divisions with great attention to detail, commitment to delivery and also deadlines
- You have experience in implementing overall an editorial mission to support business objectives across content initiatives
- You have a deep passion and proven understanding all eras and styles of Jazz music as well as affiliated genres — from classic bop and swing to free improvisation, contemporary pop instrumental, and more
- You have professional experience in working with artists, managers and label professionals. The position requires a self-motivated individual; extraordinarily driven, highly adaptable with outstanding communication and organizational skills, who is also able to work under pressure
- You have the ability to make qualitative and data-driven assessments of all inputs, assumptions and results of personalization assignments
- You have a proven track record in working on complex, large-scale, and time-critical projects
- You have a strong understanding of, and empathy with, the Apple brand and products
- You have a proven ability to manage workflow around multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- You have a passion for the digital music landscape, new technologies, and a desire to bring Jazz music to a new, diverse audience around the world.
- You have a deep understanding of all eras and styles of Jazz music as well as affiliated genres — from classic bop and swing to free improvisation, contemporary pop instrumental, and more.
- You are well-versed in current Jazz scenes in the top markets around the world from the US to Europe, Asia, and beyond.
- You have an understanding of etymological and socio-cultural debates around the word “Jazz” in contemporary culture. The ability to differentiate between Jazz as a musical tradition and Jazz as a marketing term.
- You will work to develop and implement overall editorial mission and implement new editorial products to engage listeners, expand audience and support business objectives
- You will program relevant content across the Apple Music and iTunes ecosystem
- You will ensure stated deadlines are met and that playlists and radio stations are created, merchandised and displayed with the highest possible quality
- You will provide knowledge and expertise as necessary for the input and programming of all Apple Music algorithms
- You will research genre-relevant partners to ensure the publication of high-quality content You will program multiple genre-focused radio stations
- You will help the implementation of new editorial products to engage listeners, expand audience and support business objectives
- You will establish a positive presence in the music community and represent the organization in a knowledgeable, professional manner
- Education & Experience
A university degree is preferable. MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus. 7 to 10 years relevant experience.