Closing Date: DECEMBER 5TH 2019
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT OUR TEAM:
The Global Marketing responsibilities break down into three core areas:
- Prioritisation: Partnering with repertoire owners and local market affiliates to utilise significant central budget to break Warner Music’s priority acts in every market world wide.
- Innovation: Continue to redefine best practice in global marketing, whether it be experimenting with new formats and technologies, or reworking old practices.
- Education: Partner with internal teams to ensure highest possible proficiency in marketing across our global organization.
WHY THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT BIG BREAK:
You will provide Global Marketing representation for EMEA (ex UK, IE, ES, PT) and India to support growth of knowledge, performance, artist import and artist export in the region.
HERE YOU’LL GET TO:
- Repertoire Import:
- Ensure the success of all priority projects within the EMEA region
- Repertoire Export:
- Support the repertoire owners to grow a selection of global potential artists from the EMEA region, world wide
- Knowledge Import:
- Lead marketing education programs as required
- Support growth and integration of new emerging market ventures within the Global Marketing ecosystem
- Knowledge Export:
- Identify opportunity from in market innovation for export / globalisation
- Work with RO to build relationships with key regional external marketing contacts to aid learning and opportunity in region
- Become the regional specialist from within Global Marketing, to ensure that
- Content / Owned & Operated / Audience:
- Support local team in building portfolio of owned and operated channels that sit within globally established pillars
YEAR ONE CORE OKRS:
Objective One: Strong GPS (Global Priority System) performance across region
- Defining and hitting all KPIs for GPS projects
- Execution of large scale, high impact marketing campaigns for GPS projects across the region
- Development and delivery of regular artist GPS performance updates for RO’s and Artist / Managers of performance in the region
Objective Two: Increase number of EMEA artists entering the GPS
- Identify and set audience and consumption targets around a defined list of artists with strong GPS potential
- Ensure all consumption and audience targets are hit
Objective Three: Maintain and Evolve the GPS
- Make changes to the GPS that make it more impactful within the EMEA region
Objective Four: Increase Global Marketing Best Practice
- Work with GM team to develop and execute an education agenda for the global company that caters to all genres
- Show quantifiable improvement in ad buying practices across EMEA
- Ensure effective onboarding of the SODA platform, demonstrated via tracked metrics
- Build relationships with key local marketing partners and extract knowledge to support evolution of global best practice
Objective Five: Increase O&O audience development
- Deliver EMEA channel playbook, covering all owned channels and content series across the region
- Increase the quantity of GPS and potential GPS content being provided to these channels
- Experience of working with content and marketing across EMEA / Indian markets
- Relationships with regional platforms and marketing partners
- Ability to read and interpret data in order to guide direction and make strategic decisions
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills (phone, VC, written, in person)
- Regular travel across EMEA region and NY will be required
WHY JOIN US?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
LOVE THIS JOB AND WANT TO APPLY?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.