Joining a close-knit Synchronisation team in London, reporting to the Director for UK Creative and Clearance, the Creative & Clearance Synchronisation Manager will be responsible for creative pitching and clearance of rights for the Kobalt Music Publishing and Kobalt Music Recordings catalogue.
The successful candidate will be a target driven, proactive team member to further develop client relations across various media including Advertising and Games as well as other ad-hoc media to be determined.
WHAT DOES A CREATIVE & CLEARANCE SYNCHRONISATION MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Creative pitching of the Kobalt Music Publishing and Kobalt Music Recordings catalogue across various media including UK advertising
- Facilitate, negotiate and close all synchronisation requests
- Create, develop and maintain relationships with varying levels of executives at ad agencies, brands, music supervisors, production companies, directors, editors etc.
- Proactively reach out to contacts for their creative music needs to further build the Kobalt profile and increase revenue
- Create strategic proposals that will tie in with upcoming artist releases/marketing campaigns
- Maintain good relationships with Kobalt clients, including but not limited writers and artists as well as their representatives
- Attend Kobalt client events/shows as necessary and bring key contacts from all media areas to these events/shows
- Attend industry events and/or organise artist showcases as necessary
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience working creatively in the synchronisation business with well-developed relationships within the industry
- Proven sales record and ability to close high value deals
- Proven ability to work on creative music searches and place songs
- In depth knowledge of music licensing and industry terminology used to negotiate the material deal points of a brand and synchronisation license as well as Copyright knowledge as it relates to the music industry (primarily publishing but also on the master side)
- Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency in computer software applications including G-suite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, iTunes, QuickTime Pro, Emailing marketing tools etc.
- You may be working for a Music Publisher, Label, as a music supervisor or at an Ad Agency but most important is that you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment with an ability to work independently.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.