We’re seeking a talented executive to lead AWAL’s global Digital Operations & Supply Chain function, which includes our Digital Supply Chain, Content Operations and Rights Management teams.
This role is responsible for overseeing several of the business’ core operational processes: ensuring our clients’ repertoire is ingested into AWAL’s systems in accordance with digital partner specifications, delivered successfully to those partners and then both displays and monetises correctly on platforms.
The successful candidate will have deep domain knowledge, be comfortable leading teams and possess a natural aptitude for optimising processes and workflows in accordance with the growing needs of a global business.
WHAT DOES A VP, DIGITAL OPERATIONS & SUPPLY CHAIN AT AWAL DO?
Act as Head of Department with three direct reports, overseeing the following teams:
- Approval of new release uploads from our artist, label and management clients
- Metadata curation across the back catalogue, including update requests
Digital Supply Chain:
- Timely and accurate delivery of audio and video content to our network of digital partners
- Ensure new digital partners are onboarded and schedule delivery of back catalogue
- Day to day management of relevant UGC platforms, particularly YouTube and Facebook/Instagram
- Monitoring of claims and conflicts on our licensed repertoire across all digital partners
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Regular reporting to Senior Management, setting and monitoring appropriate KPIs for each area
- Interface and build relationships with senior operational contacts at the key digital partners
- Work closely with the Ops Head of Department team to ensure best practice is developed, understood and implemented across the AWAL business
- Oversee maintenance of documentation and internal best practice guidelines for the global business
- Represent Digital Operations & Supply Chain needs in relevant Product & Tech forums, and contribute to roadmap planning process and strategic direction
- Business owner and key stakeholder for relevant Product & Tech initiatives including AWAL Uploader and Digital Supply Chain system
- Point of escalation for the global business on any critical operational issues affecting our priority releases
- Manage Travel & Expense budgets for the team
- Run refresher training sessions for global marketing teams as required
- International travel as required
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Senior level experience in a Digital Operations or Supply Chain role at a distributor or label
- Considerable people management experience having managed large teams with multiple reports
- Strong leader with a customer-focussed approach
- Experience developing junior staff members
- Deep understanding of digital metadata standards and style guides
- Technically adept, with expert knowledge of Digital Supply Chain standards, particularly DDEX and Apple XML
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with product development processes and experience working collaboratively in an Agile environment
- Expertise with Google Suite, especially Google Sheets, is an advantage
- Existing relationships with key operational staff at digital partners (especially Apple and Spotify) is a bonus